LTE Network Extender error 5A
LokiChrome
Enthusiast - Level 1

Working through the initial setup.  this is the new one, not the samsung.  no blue lights.  The initiation is hanging up on getting a certificate from the CMP Server.  I talked to VZ Wireless and they said it's all fine and activated on their end.  Want me to talk to VZ Fios people to see if on their end.  I've restarted and factory reset a bunch of times already.  Has GPS no problem.  Any suggestions are appreciated.  

Labels (1)
Re: LTE Network Extender error 5A
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want your Network Extender to work properly for you. I am sorry for any inconvenience. Were you able to contact FIOS? If so, what did they say?

0 Likes
Brashville
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same problem, did you ever find a solution?

We have Spectrum cable internet and a Netgear Nighthawk router.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brashville, we certainly want you to have a smooth activation process. 

The error 5A means: The LTE Network Extender has failed to get certificate from the CMP server, please check the LAN/firewall settings, or contact
your network administrator. This would be your internet provider. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Brashville
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, We have tried with two different routers, followed all of the Verizon directions, and added all of the ports to the router firewall.

Can you tell us the specific port that it uses to access the certificate from the CMP server?

That would help when we talk with spectrum.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry to hear that you are having difficulties setting up your Network Extender. Basedon the information we show you will need to open up the ports for 52428 / 20906 or 123. AlbertoR_VZW

cristian1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem and I'm using a Verizon Router

5A

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cristian1, we are here for you to help with gettign you the connection needed for your 5. So we can look into this, please send us a Private Note. 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
tonycalhoun48
Enthusiast - Level 1

From Verizon Store today 11/4/2020 New LTE Network Extender 

Existing Router Netgear AC 1200

ISP California Internet 10Mb down / 3Mb up (slow I know)

Set up the extender and received error message 5A. Went to guide and followed the recommendation to check my fire wall settings.

Turned off my fire wall setting and still get the Error 5a message.

Have not called my ISP as it is getting late in the day.

Any immediate thoughts?? I need a phone !

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tonlycalhoun48 I see you have completed many of the required steps already. We sent you a private note here in this forum.

0 Likes