Phones recently not connecting to 4G extender
cfrpcopy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had a 4g extender (SLS-BU103) for 3 years with no issues. In the past few weeks, phones are not connecting to it. My apartment has very poor - but not zero - signal, and phones used to choose the extender over the poor signal.

I have an iPhone XR from work and a Pixel 4a on Xfinity Mobile (a Verizon MVNO), and neither will connect. I'm am occasionally able to get the 4a to connect by toggling airplane mode, but that's rare.

If I log into the configuration page on the extender, it says the status is In-Service, but there are no connected devices.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phones recently not connecting to 4G extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know being able to connect to your wonderful Network Extender is important, cfrpcopy. We'll help to get things working properly again. Has anything changed in those past few weeks when the phones began having this happen? *Zaak

0 Likes
cfrpcopy
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is possible the software on the extender updated, but that's taken care of automatically, and I don't keep track of it. The iPhone also has frequent updates, but I don't remember one right as this issue started. I haven't updated the pixel 4a in a few months.

It's also possible the towers in the area changed, but I have no way of knowing that. I haven't noticed any change in non-extended signal in my apartment.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cfrpcopy, we are here for you to help in any way we can! So we can look into this, please send us a Private Note! *Jose

0 Likes
cfrpcopy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent a message a while back, is anyone able to look into this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Welcome back, cfrpcopy. What have you tried with the Network Extender itself? Have you unplugged and restarted the device at all? *Zaak

0 Likes
cfrpcopy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have tried both restarting and factory resetting the extender. Neither has resolved the issue.

0 Likes