Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
network extender setup
CTGILL60

I purchased a scs-2u01 extender thru amazon last week.  It arrived and I set it up.  GPS light was magenta, sys light fast blinking red.  I was sent a second unit - it was doing the same thing.  I called verizon and the person registered it for me.  It is still doing the same thing - the gps light has never strayed from magenta on either of the 2 extenders I have tried,  I tried taking the extender and gps outside - no change

Is this a router setup issue?  I have at&t uverse dsl with a 2wire 3800hgv gateway.  I checked the verizon page on setting up routers for the network extender, but it didn't include this one.

The first several years at our house, cell service was fine.  My cell service at home has deteriorated at home over the past year or so to the point where making a call is next to impossible due to the constant cutting in and out and constant dropped calls.  I'd like to get this extender working, otherwise we will have to consider getting other service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: network extender setup
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy your services, CTGILL60. You can find the meanings of the status indicators here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/945358 . There is also an easy to follow troubleshooting guide to many common issues here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-extender-troubleshooting/#/main/device/&SCS-2U01&870... . Let us know if you need further assistance. 

0 Likes
CTGILL60

I'm sorry, but this isn't helpful at all - I called Verizon on Saturday and the tech help there attempted to register the device to my account.  I am unable to see this device anywhere on my account when I log in to myverizon.  I choose the "manage network extender" option there and it either doesn't load or puts me on a page to buy a network extender.

My feeling is that my router needs part of this issue, but I have no idea how to resolve this.

I have tried 2 of these extenders - both do exactly the same thing - I get the blinking red sys light and solid mangenta gps light.  According to the status indicator page, this means a failed gps hardware issue.  I am very doubtful of this, as both units did this and I have seen other people with solid magenta gps issues that were not due to bad hardware.

I have no idea of even where to begin to solve this.  Calling from home is an issue because my calls continually get dropped.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I have several SCS-2U01 Network Extenders working on Comcast internet with Cisco routers.  What make/model router do you have your Extender connected to?  Does the router show in its DHCP table of connected devices the MAC ID of the Extender ( EC:E0:xx:xx:xx:xx).  I'm not sure if there are any issues getting to the Verizon Wireless internet gateway via AT&T DSL, but there may be.  I would think that Verizon Tech Support could tell if the MAC ID of your Extender is attempting to communicate with the server on the Verizon Wireless network.  Maybe they can provide the IP address that would show up in a router log of attempts to communicate.

The Extender may not show up on your My Verizon account until it registers successfully (not sure) or the MAC ID hasn't been associated properly with your account (left on previous owners account?).

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
CTGILL60

I have a 2wire 3800hgv-b gateway. The extender does show up on the router -

I'm not at home at the moment, but I have seen it on the list of devices

when accessing the router interface.

Your question about whether it would show up on my account is a good one -

being used, it did have a gormer owner that likely never took it off his

account. Will have to call verizon and see if they can tell if it did

register with my system.

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CTGILL60, the Verizon family would not be the same without you. I know how troubling it is to be unable to use your phone for calls, and I want to ensure that we are able to explore all our options to get your coverage issues resolved. Since you have AT&T home internet, have you tried Wi-Fi Calling? Wi-Fi Calling is a great feature to utilize if you are experiencing challenges in regard to dropped calls. You can learn more about Wi-Fi Calling and instructions for enabling this feature here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/. In addition, the support page for the Samsung 3G Network Extender can be found here. This resource will also provide set up instructions, so that we can ensure that it has been set up correctly. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/network-extender/. Please let us know if this information is helpful.

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We just sent a Private message to you, CTGILL60.

TinaN_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes