Account placed in collections that was never activated - might have to cancel internet
Bfak907

I signed up for 5g internet and only INQUIRED about switching my cell service to Verizon for an extra discount on the internet. I never received the materials in the mail and still owed on my phones too much from ATT to switch so just kept the 5g internet and left my cell service to ATT.

Yesterday I got a notice of a charge off on my credit and initially thought it was due to something with the internet but found out it was the phone service that I NEVER SWITCHED OR ACTIVATED. I have continued using my ATT service and paying that bill and never switched. Now, I have $20k in earnest money that is in jeopardy because this “charge off” lowered my score over 100 points and I’m not eligible for our mortgage at this rate. Our house is done in February. I need this taken care of! We would even pay the small $200 bill they sent to collections that they reported as 90 days charge off even though we only got the internet service at the middle of August and never activated the cell service! We have only been with Verizon for a little over 1 month!

We are going to cancel our 5g internet if they can’t fix this issue. This is costing us a ton of money and we didn’t get any notice or text or call or mailer or anything!

#collection

#chargeoff

0 Likes
Re: Account placed in collections that was never activated - might have to cancel internet
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please know I completely understand your frustration with this matter, can you  send us a Private  Message,so we can discuss? 

*Lisa

0 Likes
Re: Account placed in collections that was never activated - might have to cancel internet
Bfak907

Please let’s discuss. I need this resolved asap!

0 Likes
Bfak907

Customer service just writes on here to PM then has no resolution. They say they can not help. I will cancel my service for this $200 fake bill that i never received and you charged off and said 90 days late. I haven’t even had my internet service for 45 days! I will not stop posting my issue until it is resolved!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon, and thank you for reaching out! My name is Terry, and I am your customer service expert, ready to help! :smiling_face_with_3_hearts:

It will be my pleasure to assist you today with your bill inquire, in order to proceed I just need to access and verify your account through our secure channel. To do so, please click on the link! :point_down::blush:

By connecting with us, you grant us permission to review your services, so we can offer you the best value. Refusing to authenticate will not impact your current services. It is your right and our duty to protect your account information. For quality, we may monitor and review this conversation. Visit our information collection and privacy policy to learn more at verizon.com/privacy. Please note that the link we provide has a timed expiration, so we encourage you to continue as soon as possible.

Authenticate and continue here:http://spr.ly/6004M5NOu >Terry

0 Likes
Bfak907

I will not contact you through the private lines as they have proved no help. I am now 5 days in this mess and  2 people including the CFS dept I just got off the phone confirmed there was no account activation, usage, and she said the bill they sent for the fake account was sent to the wrong address! They escalated it and said if what I say is correct, they’ll take it off in 2 days. Besides the fact that this is an enormous burden and has now consumed many hours of my time since discovery, every rep from Verizon has acted so nonchalant and says “don’t worry, we will fix it” but then I have to wait. They didn’t wait to put this fake account as a charge off on my credit report! She said I INQUIRED about switching my cell service on the 18th! Not even 45 days has passed and they charged it off and sent to collections with no notice and no account! I WILL NOT STOP UNTIL THIS IS REMOVED FROM ALL OF MY CREDIT REPORTS! I don’t care if it’s in escalations and will be handled. They wasted no time destroying my credit and I will waste no time restoring it. You literally have no idea the ramifications of these actions Verizon has made out of error. 

0 Likes
Bfak907

All I can say to anyone in this same situation dont give up. Call and write and tweet and then do it over again. I will not stop until this is undone. I will fill these boards with my experience until they fix their error. 

0 Likes