An extra assist for a long time member
DanBias

First let me say that I am NOT in my 1 year upgrade period. 

I typically am never one to ask for something outside of my agreement, BUT i absolutely hate my phone. I switch between android, and iOS every upgrade simply because it helps with my job to know both OSs. 

I reached out to customer service to see if they could help since i am only a couple of months away from my one year trade in. Politely the answer was no. Which is the right answer. I was just hoping that after 12 years or so, they might go above and beyond for such a small request. I thought maybe after that long i'd get  some kind of help.

Customer service was great, i just wish they had some back pocket card they could help a long time customer with.

For work i have a AT&T phone, we have had them for 5 years or so. We needed to do something similar for this plan, and it went a little better. 

I am not switching, but maybe develop a program other that rewards for starbucks, that help a customer with the primary need... A phone.

0 Likes
Re: An extra assist for a long time member
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, DanBias. We appreciate your many years with us and are humbled by your continued interest in upgrading your often. To confirm, you may still upgrade before the 1-year period provided that 50% of the device payment is paid off as confirmed here: https://www.verizon.com/support/upgrade-program-legal/?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D3268709139571899568129560456... Let us know of this helps!

0 Likes
Re: An extra assist for a long time member
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

The upgrade within a year only applies to Apple. If you have an iPhone, you can pay whatever the difference is that would have made a year and upgrade. If it's Android, you need to pay the agreement in full. I'd check to see if there are any trade-in promos you can utilize.

Above and beyond is typically for Verizon created mistakes, not "I'm not happy with this phone, give me another one." type requests. My account is a former Alltel one and my last phones were purchased outside of Verizon. I don't believe Verizon owes me anything or should anyone else just because they are a long time customer.

0 Likes