Bad cell reception in Tallahassee, Florida
jmckee6
Enthusiast - Level 1

We've noticed a substantial decline in service quality in Tallahassee, Florida over the past couple of years.  Service has become particularly problematic downtown, and along the Thomasville Road corridor from midtown to the Bradfordville area.  I consistently drop calls and experience bad data quality, and friends are experiencing the same issues.  Verizon used to be the best provider in town and now unfortunately it seems it has been surpassed by other providers.  Are any efforts being made to fix these issues?

0 Likes
Re: Bad cell reception in Tallahassee, Florida
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jmckee6, 

I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your service! I know how important it is to have a great connection, and I would like to help. Please respond to our Direct Message for additional assistance with your service concerns. 

-Michelle

0 Likes
jmckee6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I responded to your direct message but have not heard anything back.  My question remains the same.  Is anything being done to address the widespread cell service issues in Tallahassee, Florida?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! We definitely want to provide service that you can count on. Help is here. There are no alerts for your area. How does your service typically perform in your area? -Lorenzo

0 Likes
vzw23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Again, Verizon just needs a support site or an app where their customers can report poor coverage areas, and then Verizon can respond. It isn't hard, guys.

Customers' experience is that [1] we have to report this on the Community site because there is not a path thru the normal support tree to report network problems (chat or voice); and [2] there is not a path from the Community site to Verizon network management teams to investigate and respond to customer experience problems (sort term or long term).

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Wireless-Services/No-seriously-Report-Poor-Coverage/m-p/122...

jmckee6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Service is generally not good in Tallahassee, especially in the areas I noted in my previous message. I know this has been reported many times to Verizon, and I know individuals have also filed complaints with the FCC about the service issues. Any member of the Verizon team can drive the Thomasville Rd. corridor in Tallahassee or spend any amount of time downtown, and they will be able to re-create the issues so many Verizon customers are having here in town. This is not an isolated incident, it is widespread, and it is affecting numerous Verizon customers. I’m sure if you polled Verizon customers located in Tallahassee about their service issues you would hear a great number of complaints.  As previously mentioned, there has been a severe degradation in service over the last few years.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your concerns are our concerns, jmckee6. We sincerely appreciate the details you have shared. Please tell us a bit more. What specifically happens to your calls, texts, and data while you move about Tallahassee? Have you noticed any patterns as to when these issues happen? -George

0 Likes
TDW2

I thought it was just my phone. Tallahassee has the worst service. If you want to investigate start at the Verizon store on 2014 Apalachee Pkwy, Tallahassee, FL 32301. At the store you’ll have five bars on your phone. Then leave the store and turn right on Blairstone towards east  Park ave. At the  the intersection Of East Park and BlairStone Road you get no reception. Let me repeat I have no bars on my phone and you get no reception at that intersection. Keep in mind that you are around the corner from a Verizon store.  I pay way too much money to walk into a Verizon store and people look at me like I’m crazy when I have complained.  When I’m at Publix grocery store on E. Park Ave. I have no service. When I’m at the apartments Blair Stone Governors Square, Apartments I have only one bar on my phone and the reception is horrible. Investigate that.  I’ve been with Verizon for almost 15 years and this experience has made me want to consider changing my phone service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We value your loyalty and would love to help! When did this issue start? What troubleshooting steps have been completed so far? ~Christian

0 Likes
Alexmcq

I agree, it’s really bad. I’m in Tallahassee for work a few days a week. I have 3 bars of 5G in some areas and still can’t upload a video. In Atlanta where I live, the 5G seems to work a lot better. I’ve been having to use my work phone most of the time. (Which is AT&T) it works a lot better throughout the city. If I lived in Tallahassee full time I would definitely have to switch carriers. 

0 Likes