Bill sent to collection, Verizon refuses to remove from credit report
disappointedcustomer1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I closed my individual account in October 2019, joined a family plan with my family. So yes stayed with Verizon. Have been a customer for almost 10 years. Well when I closed my individual account there was apparently a balance I was not made aware of. So a bill was sent out to a name and address that was not only the incorrect name but also incorrect address. If you look up the address on the bill it shows you an intersection. Thus I was never going to get this bill and Verizon sent it to collections and reported it to the credit bureaus, severely damaging my credit score over $70.19. Once I was made aware of the outstanding bill, I contacted Verizon had the bill sent to me. I mailed in my payment to them and requested upon payment the report made by Verizon (because they do their own credit reporting) be deleted. The rep, with an attitude stated we don’t delete them even if you pay it we aren’t allowed to. Wrong they are allowed to. So now I will be reporting Verizon to every agency able to and disputing it due to Verizon failing to send the bill to the correct name or even legitimate address. Additionally, making no further effort to contact me when clearly the customer was still with their company. Didn’t even end my service with them. Their own customer service rep said they messed up and to report it, especially after maintaining my service with Verizon. Sad this is how you get treated. Will be looking at changing to new company.

Re: Bill sent to collection, Verizon refuses to remove from credit report
Baker56Randy
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems like a lot of people of had the same problem with Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Bill sent to collection, Verizon refuses to remove from credit report
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic. Thank you.

0 Likes