Can I access deleted text messages?
LADWEI6

My youngest child is being harassed by an ex-friend.  We have blocked numbers, accounts, etc....but I would like to have copies of the texts as proof should anything else occur. Unfortunately, my daughter deleted them. Is there anyway I can access those conversations?  I know I can view my texts online, but not the other devices on my account.  Suggestions please

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texting and harassment
Weth
Legend

No, once deleted they are gone. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

No, once deleted they are gone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LADWEI6, great question! May we ask model device your child has? Was the device backed up to any type of cloud storage previous to the messages being erased? KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
patel002

We have a similar issue with some anonymous person sending sexually harassing and threatening text messages to my daughter.  We have the text messages as proof but don't know how to report this number and whether someone will investigate and press charges?  Do we let Verizon know or the police?  I can't seem to find any where on the police website as to where to report this.  She blocked the number but we can still see the texts coming every day, multiple times a day, through her other linked device.  Please help.  thanks.   

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes