Can's make changes to Network Extender sFemto3 on MyVerizon site
rshiras
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a LTE network extender model sFemto3.

I see it in my list of devices on MyVerizon.

I try to make changes such as changing from hybrid to open.

The confirm and cancel buttons are superimposed over the option to set it to closed and there is no way to click Confirm or Cancel buttons.  It just selects Closed.

Even tabbing down and pressing Enter or Space do not work.

Every change I try to make results in an error message that there is an error in the system and the change cannot be made.

What could be causing this?  It is not text size.  

0 Likes
Re: Can's make changes to Network Extender sFemto3 on MyVerizon site
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you receive the assistance that you need. To best assist, we will need access to the account. You will be receiving a Private Notes with additional information. *Brittany

0 Likes
TelecomTech_Extender
Contributor - Level 2

The step used to put the Network Extender into Closed Mode:

If the Network Extender is in Hybrid Mode with an Access List, you first need to get it back into Open Mode. 

Go to My Verizon and look for your devices. Do not use the Verizon app, the App does not show the Network Extender.  You have to go to the Verizon website. 

To get the device to go back to Open Mode from Hybrid Mode or Closed Mode, you delete the access list.You should also have a tab open to your Network Extender’s Admin Page. Getting to the Admin Page of the Network Extender is done from the Verizon Setup instructions so I won’t repeat them here. 

When the Access List is deleted on My Verizon, it immediately sends a message to the NetworkExtender, which if you switch to that tab will show at the top where it said Hybrid Mode or Closed Mode, it will now say Open Mode. 

The device then needs to reboot to go completely into Open Mode. Once the device has returned and is operating in Open Mode, you can switch back to the My Verizon Tab jin your browser, select Hybrid or Closed Mode. It will prompt you to enter a phone number listed under your account as well as any others. 

An important note: You will not be able to get to the Closed Mode button on a SmartPhone or a Tablet, believe me I have tried. You have to be connected to My Verizon by a Laptop or PC. This is because the webpage designers of the Webpage for changing to Hybrid or Closed Mode never tested it on a phone or tablet. The button for closed mode will not work on a Tablet or Phone. This is unacceptable for a company like Verizon.

Once you click on the Closed Mode button and enter the access list, it sends the status change from Open to Closed Mode down to the device. If you switch from the My Verizon Page to the Admin Page you will se the device will say Closed Mode at the top. It will then reboot to complete the process of switching into Closed Mode,

The problem Verizon has if that when the device switches to Hybrid Mode, it correctly sends the Access List down to Provisioning Servers, that then forward it to the Network Extender before it reboots so when it reboots it has the Access List in its memory. 

However when the Network Extender is told to change from Open to Closed Mode, this step never happens, so the Provisioning Servers never get a copy of the Access List and therefore the cannot send it to the Network Extender. The Network Extender waits and then finally reboots without an Access List so when it reboots, it will not let anyone use the Network Extender, #48 shows that that the phone that is listed on the Access List is not attached to the Network Extender.

You then need to go back to My Verizon, delete the access list, which changes it from Closed Mode to Open Mode, let the device reboot so it is completely Open and then select Hybrid Mode and start a new access list. Entering several phone numbers will generate a error message, but you can exit, and re-edit the Access List and you will see the second or third phone number has been added. This is buggy due to the website designer, but I have tested it and in Hybrid Mode any phone number listed in the access list will show up in the Members Column on the Connected Devices Page in  Extender.

WWDITSS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, thanks so much for your detailed post; have been trying to get Verizon support to help with this and NO ONE there seems to know half as much as you do! 

I have asked Verizon Support to add my Network Extender to my account and they say they have but it still does not show in my devices. If I try to add a new device, it's not listed in the devices that are options to add.

Do you know what the issue there might be? I'd be happy to follow your other steps but I can't see the Network Extender under Device in my account. My account is a Verizon Wireless business account if that makes any difference. Thanks again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WWDITSS We're sorry to read that you're having issues with setting up your network extender. Our Business support team can assist you in setting up this extender.You can reach the Business team by calling 800-922-0204 Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM Eastern Time. You will need to call from one of your business lines or you can enter in one of your business phone numbers when prompted.  ~Peter

0 Likes