Can’t make/receive calls or receive text iPhone 11 Pro Max
kiahc26
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone (iOS 13.1.2) won’t make calls or accept incoming calls. In addition, I cannot receive text messages other than from an iPhone device. Due to the location of my office, I do not have cell signal. With my previous Samsung Note 9 device, I was able to connect to Airplane Mode, then WiFi and receive uninterrupted phone calls and text messages. (Using wifi calling was not needed) I've recently switched to an iPhone and I'm at a loss of how to make this work.

• Tried using WiFi calling
  • Tried restarting
  • Tried resetting network settings

The device works fine from home, or out and about. When I got the device last week, I had no problems connecting via WiFi.

Any help would be appreciated. I constantly worry I'll miss a call from my child's school.

Re: Can’t make/receive calls or receive text iPhone 11 Pro Max
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on getting a new device, Kiahc26. I know how important it is to have a working phone, especially for emergencies. In this situation, we recommend using Wi-Fi calling in your office for your new device. This will use your high-speed internet to make/receive calls over Wi-Fi. Here are the steps to activate Wi-Fi calling on your device. http://spr.ly/66041ljrI Please ensure the device is not in Airplane Mode and connected to our 4G LTE network to activate Wi-Fi calling. Does this help provide clarity?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
kiahc26
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the reply. However, I've tried this step by step for the past 2 weeks and it does not work. I've also spent quite a bit of time using Verizon online chat, and tech 2 support on the phone for a resolution. It still does not work.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to stay connected. Is the Wi-Fi Calling unable to be activated? How exactly is it not working?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes