Cash Only Status Confusion
Bexx76
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried to upgrade a line on my account tonight. After chatting with two reps, I was told I have to do my upgrade in a store because I have a cash only status on my account. 
My first question is: does this mean I have to pay full retail at the time of upgrade or can I still do the payment plan?
BUT most importantly, why the heck am I on a cash only status?! I’ve been with Verizon for about 50,000 years, have 6 lines and just upgraded one of those lines 4 months ago online. I pay almost $400/month. I am late at times, but always go online and set up a payment date. No returned payments, no service shut offs. I’m kind of in shock that they treat loyal, long term customers like this. Oh well. There are other providers out there. 

Re: Cash Only Status Confusion
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know getting clear answers and support with your account is important, Bexx76. The cash-only indicator does not directly mean the account is unable to support a new Device Payment Plan, but the same things that cause this can impact the ability for the account to get new Device Payment Plans. This is normally the result of repeat past due balances or returned payments. *Zaak

0 Likes
Brun36
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is Verizon punishing its patrons with this policy?

I am currently experiencing this as well. I had two bounced payments, an honest mistake as I was transitioning over to a new bank and forgot to update my auto pay on Verizon. This policy is horrible. I wonder if competitors are aware of this, as its a major marketing point against Verizon.

I've tried the following:
1) Tried upgrading my phone to a new iPhone, this wasn't possible on payment plan unless I paid out right and at a store location.

2) I am unable to checkout any products on the online store, I am informed to visit a location to make the purchase.

3) Numerous calls to customer service asking if the restriction could be lifted. Everyone told me I had to wait till the restriction period ended.

4) Worse yet, I can't use the Verizon gift card that was given to me as part of a promotion from Verizon. A card from Verizon that I can't use on their store.

I have been with Verizon for nearly 20 years, I've tested At&T and are considering making the move soon if this isn't resolved.

Robbnyc
Enthusiast - Level 1

They’re very scummy when it comes to cash only status and it feels like they love punishing their long standing customers. There I said it. 

AirNick46
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is bogus. This cash only nonsense is happening to me as well. The worst part is the way verizon customer service, financial, and stores kick the can and poimt fingers. Just take care of your customers. 

0 Likes
Delee10

No other competition this and makes it harder for people to pay their bill I have to drive around searching for a store to pay my bill and waste a certain amount of my time to come in and wait. This is the dummest thing Verizon could ever do 

0 Likes