Complaint
tondakip68
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not sure if I am on the correct forum. I have been Verizon for over a decade. Never had too many issues. I at one time had 10 lines, my service was always paid. As my kids got older and their own plans I was down to 4 lines. In November my two kids got their own plans. I called Verizon to have one line removed in November than I called to have other removed in December. I was told by rep device was still owed on and can not be removed until paid off. I later found that to be untrue. These last months and year has not been the greatest for most of us. My husband is still one of few fighting for his unemployment, and now gm is off again. I take fault for breaking my promise to pay with Verizon Financial services. It has been a struggle. I reached out to Verizon corporate for help, only after Financial services refused to help me. With any business if you feel your not being helped you move up to the head of the business for a resolution. The executive team over an 18 span first time gave me a partial credit of my bill, the other two times they only acted as mediators between myself and financial services. I had a promise to pay of 410.00 I had to change it and put 200 and the other 210 a week later, they said that would work. That was a Friday, by weds they suspended my service. I call Verizon Financial and ask what happened, I was told I broke my promise to pay. I was told now I need 800 to restore service. I replied I did not have it and asked to speak with his supervisor, he said he is the head supervisor. This is why I reached out to corporate again to help. I received a reply back, from an executive team member saying sorry to hear I am having issues with Financial services, but due to fact I have reached out to their office for help before they can no longer help me and I exhausted any help from them. The words he used was I have excessively emailed for help. I have only 3 times, in 18 months, that is considered excessive? The rep also said this is my last and final communication from their office and if I send any new emails or seek help, they will not be addressed by their office. I am in such disbelief over this, I don't even know how to comprehend it. I would not be in the situation of struggling with my bill if Verizon got off their butts and removed the two lines I requested, my bill would be manageable. No one from Executive office has addressed it. I had included it in my email in January and my latest one to them. Nothing is addressed. I thought my voice would be heard because I have been an over a decade customer. That means nothing to Verizon, I seen that firsthand reading the numerous complaints from consumers against Verizon. There are people who have 20 years, 29, years and reported Verizon had no problem caring if they stay or left. It is like I'm in a twilight movie. I can only hope something changes. 

Re: Complaint
tondakip68
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received a message from Verizon on my issue. They stated how sorry they were about my experience and they would like to speak with me to private email them. I did and have had  no response back. I see on complaint sites other upset Verizon Consumers are dealing with it as well. Is it Verizon's customer service motto to ignore us? I reached out to the executive office they are ignoring, I reached out on complaint forum I am ignored. For a company claiming they care, it does not show in their actions. Very disturbing Verizon feels they do not need to care about their consumers, they are making money, loosing customers has no impact on them. Its sad to discover I thought my situation is different,  our family discovered in our research, we realized this has been going on for quite sometime with Verizon and their customers, Verizon customer service is horrible, Financial service is rude and refuses to help. Loyalty means nothing. Some of these complaints date back to 2015. Why hasn't anything not changed? 

RobyCircus5
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband and I have been with Verizon for over 20 years as well. After a year and a half of calling and trying to get my issues resolved, nothing has happened. Ive been hung up on by Verizon reps and I have had Verizon reps simply just leave the chat and leave me hanging. We have been getting charged massive overage charges for the last 2 billing cycles. $15 every other day. We don’t use that much data. We have never used that much data, ever. Everyone in my household is in Wi-Fi 99% of the time and we also have our Wi-Fi assist off. We have always had the Wi-Fi assist off. Suddenly when they are offering this new amazing unlimited data plan we are being charged $15 every other day for her going over our data. I told them Im not going with the new plan as I don’t need it. Then magically I’m going over my data after I decline the plan. When I contact them regarding my issues they still try to push the unlimited data plan on me. On my phone I have used 50 gigs of data in four years. Yes, that’s right, four years. My daughter has used 61 in 3 years.  Yet Verizon claims that we have used one gig every other day for the last two weeks. I have contacted them numerous times regarding this issue and they are of no help and always leave me hanging. One rep told me “Well you’ve used 13 gigs in 2 weeks. Now that that’s resolved, let’s work on your service issue.” Alright so you’re just going to tell me the incorrect data overages and claim it’s just taken care of? Absolutely not I have not use that much dang data!  My service has drastically gotten worse over the last two years. I had a fire at my telephone pole last fall and cannot even call 911 or the fire department because apparently my phone does not work anymore outside of Wi-Fi at my home. I contacted another cell phone provider and they are going to be paying off my phones and everything to get rid of this trash service. I would suggest you leave as well, they do not appreciate customers who have been with them for decades. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that your data usage concerns were not fully resolved and clarified for you, RobyCircus5. You mentioned that you were informed that your data usage is accurate when you called us, and an option to change your plan to one of our unlimited plans (https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/unlimited/) was presented but you declined.

You are a valued customer and we do not want you to consider a move from our Verizon family. If our previous representative already checked the accuracy of the data usage on your account, we highly recommend that you consider changing your plan to an unlimited plan to avoid any data usage overage charges going forward. You can change your plan at your convenience at this link (https://m.vzw.com/m/huQP). 

You also indicate that you cannot call 911 from your phone and we want to explore some troubleshooting options to ensure that your phone works as intended. First, we need to reset the connection to the nearest tower and test. To do this please power your phone off, then remove the SIM card for 2 full minutes, then insert the SIM card again, power the phone on, and call #832 to test and tell us what you hear, please.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
KT1021

I upgraded my phone back in July and was given 700.00 for my phone.  It is now almost November and I have yet to get my credit.   I have spent numerous hours on the phone and chatting to come up with the same conclusion...Verizon has no clue where the returned phone is and cannot track it. They sent me 3 return boxes and they keep asking me for the tracking number.  If Verizon shipped it then they should know.   I keep being told the same thing but no one has given me any solutions and I want my credit.  I was told 3 weeks ago they filled out a form for a loss and someone would get back with me and there would be updated notes on my account.  I spent an hour on Tuesday only to be told they couldn't find a tracking number and then i was dropped from my chat with no updates or resolutions.  The notes from my previous 3 hour call with CS had very little information and this came from a supervisor.  The phone is obviously lost and I did what I was supposed to do.  I am not sure how the burden of proof at this point is on me and they  can just hold my money with NO ANSWERS OR SOLUTIONS.  I have been a customer since early the 2000's and I spend over 400 a month with them with six phones.  I will cancel this account if i don not get my money back by the end of October 2021.  This has been the most frustrating experience and its impossible to contact someone or get an answer. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Long-time customers like you don't come around every day. Nobody here wants you to leave, yet I totally understand what has you looking elsewhere. The time spent without answers would have me looking for answers too. I have sent a Private Note so we can look up the notes about the trade in.
-David

0 Likes
KT1021

Is there any updates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching back out to us, please meet in a Private note.*Cecile

0 Likes
KT1021

I still do not have any updates and again the same issues over and over.  I get asked for tracking numbers which Verizon issued and should have them.  I was also asked again the phone information which Verizon should have since I traded the phone off an existing line ending in 1745.  Verizon has taken 700.00 dollars from me and they have no solution and I keep getting asked the same things.   I want someone to contact me directly as I am tired on waiting on hold and having to re-explain my problem every time.    Verizon messed this up and they cannot provide any information but the burden proof is being put on me and I want my money or I will close this account.

0 Likes
KT1021

UPDATES?????????????

0 Likes