Dead Zones, Dropped Calls, no service
Sickandtiredofcalling
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am sick and tired of loosing service in Toms River, Lakewood, and parts of Brick (Ocean County, New Jersey). What the heck? I have called customer service so many times and all they know how to do is appease the angry customers with "I apologize", "so sorry to hear that". How about a little more technology and a little less psychology please!! THERE IS NO, REPEAT, NO SERVICE IN PARTS OF THESE AREAS!!! What more do you need to know?? I have gone as far as to actually give the addresses of where there is no coverage! How about going out into the field like your commercial say you do and actually checking your coverage! For what you were charging for cell service we should have an employee for each township reporting back to you on a weekly basis what kind of signal they are getting. This is what happens when you outsource your customer service to foreign countries and remote States. Sure, you probably putting a lot of money on the bottom line by outsourcing your customer service but boy are you going to lose big when people start switching!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dead Zones, Dropped Calls, no service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, Craig. I can definitely understand where you are coming from and we're definitely here to help. We would love to check the areas that you are experiencing trouble and make sure you are getting the coverage you deserve. We can set up a trouble ticket to have our technicians check the area to let us know exactly what is going on. Before we submit the ticket we do troubleshoot the device and ask questions to make sure it's not something we can fix first. Since you have already spend a lot of time on this already I would like to get right to it with a trouble ticket. I have sent you a Private Message to get this started. Please reply on the Private Message.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no. We definitely want you to have great service everywhere you go. I use my phone for everything and know how important it is to work. I'm surprised we have not set up a trouble ticket to check the area yet. Let's check into this further to see what's going on. What are the zip codes for the areas you are having trouble? What heppens when you use the phone in those areas?

DanielleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sickandtiredofcalling
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Danielle, Sorry to be so down on your company but I have spent "hours", did you get that, "hours", not miutes, on the phone with your 'customer service' people, all to no avail. The concept that customer service is about just making people feel better is a [Removed] and should be stripped from your customer service training. I've never seen customer service go more awry than with Verizon. I have had your people hang up on me; one customer service person actually refer to my call as a "hissy fit". Now, how that person still works for the company is beyond me but, this shows a level of executive arrogance that I don't think has been seen in this country before, at least not by me and I'm pretty old.

You know what the problem is, so why not just fix it? Why do I need to be engaged in the fixing of the problem? Won't I know it's fixed because I won't have any more droped calls? I don't want to be appeased, I just want what I'm paying for. In your advertising, you have a man going out into the field sayings "can you hear me now?" That's kind of what you need to get back to at this point.

Best of all, in all that my wife and I have gone through with Verizon, I have not had one person, not even an upper manager call to offer any sort of retribution. Just to put things in perspective, we pay almost $200 a month for our service and phones; my $25,000 car payment is only $250 a month. If my car ran like my phone service, I would have sued through the lemon law years ago. Maybe someday they'll come out with a lemon law for cell phone service but until then I'm counting on you to do something. If there's nothing you can do, I would much prefer you just tell me. I would rather hear that you have a lack of cell towers causing the problem than you keeping me on the phone to "diagnose" the issue. It's like you're telling me that we are the only people in Ocean County New Jersey who are experiencing a lack of coverage. That's absolutely ridiculous!

Well,  now that I've wasted another 20 minutes attempting to only get what I'm paying for, I can't wait to hear what you're going to do.

Patiently Waiting, Toms River, NJ

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, Craig. I can definitely understand where you are coming from and we're definitely here to help. We would love to check the areas that you are experiencing trouble and make sure you are getting the coverage you deserve. We can set up a trouble ticket to have our technicians check the area to let us know exactly what is going on. Before we submit the ticket we do troubleshoot the device and ask questions to make sure it's not something we can fix first. Since you have already spend a lot of time on this already I would like to get right to it with a trouble ticket. I have sent you a Private Message to get this started. Please reply on the Private Message.

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Karbomb
Enthusiast - Level 1

i just tried to report a dead zone and they wanted me to go back to dead zone for troubleshooting. How am I supposed to do that with no signal? It's a dead zone, not my phone. They refused to do anything about reporting a dead zone and wanted to me to reset my phone. Super expensive service and terrible support. I wish phones were cheaper because I'd have switched a long time ago if they were.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes