Disappointing Shipping Phone Service - Received wrong phone/Billing us after phone sent back
PaulBoon
Enthusiast - Level 3

13+ years customer of Verizon with 4 lines (3 iPhone 12, 1 iPhone X)

This is a post with the intention to warn the community, point out deficiencies (shipping, security, billing), and show dissatisfaction with current customer service support.

Late last December, my wife ordered new iPhone 12 by mail (avoided in person store visit due to Covid).  Disappointingly she received iPhone 11 (or X) but we were 1000% certain the phone was not a 12.  The customer service at the time told us to file a fraud claim which would take time to resolve, however, the phone was needed immediately so the rep went on to say just order a new one and send back the incorrect phone we received.  Easy enough, we paid for a new phone and expected a credit for the old phone that we sending back.  Here is a screenshot of the phone shipment we sent back to Verizon Return Center:Shipping confirmationShipping confirmation

Fast forward to March 2021, we are now getting hit with a bill below.  My wife called to get this resolved, not to mention this same billing happened before in the past where she already called to explain the situation before.  We expected the same disconnect where they will apologize and solve the issue.  

PaulBoon_0-1617307683067.png

This time around, after spending 2 hours+ talking on the phone, my wife asked to speak to a manager to get to the bottom of it.  The customer service basically said that we didn't mail in the phone which we have clear evidence to prove we did.  Not to mention once they said the manager is ready to speak to us, they hung up the phone.  

Bottom line - we do not intend to pay for a bill we aren't responsible for and we expect way better treatment by the way they portrayed us.  We have upgraded with them multiple times and we have never cheated them.  Moreover, this seems to highlight the shipping process failure on Verizon end and they need to do better security in getting us the correct phone.  It almost felt like someone performed a "switch-a-roo" and we are left holding a bag of the wrong product.  This is unacceptable and we want to warn the community to be aware.   If this issue does not get resolved soon, we intend to uproot being Verizon's loyal customer and find a new company to work along with filing a formal complaint and fight any further incorrect charges from Verizon. 

0 Likes
Re: Disappointing Shipping Phone Service - Received wrong phone/Billing us after phone sent back
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, this is not the experience we intend to deliver. We can further look into this for you. Please send us a Private Note.

0 Likes
Re: Disappointing Shipping Phone Service - Received wrong phone/Billing us after phone sent back
PaulBoon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I sent a private message but have not heard back since yesterday.  Are you guys trying to resolve this?  Thanks

0 Likes