Do you hear a beep/tone when calling someone who is on the other line? Do they hear a beep/tone if they call you and you are on the other line?
dhiatt3

Riddle me this...

It used to always been (regardless of carrier, manufacturer, etc.) that when you were calling someone who was on another call, you would hear an audible beep/tone, which indicated they are on the other line.

Same thing (just in another format; if you will), if I was on the phone and someone attempted to call me, they would hear an audible beep/tone, which indicated that I am on the other line.

I don't hear that beep/tone any longer and haven't for quite a while.  I don't hear it when calling someone else who is on the other line on my business account or personal account.  Nobody hears that beep/tone when they call me and I'm on the other line.

Device manufacturer shouldn't make any difference, but I've done trouble-shooting android/android, android/iphone, iphone/android and iphone/iphone.

What say you?

Do you hear a beep/tone when calling someone who is on the other line?

If someone calls you while you are on the other line, do they hear a beep/tone?

When I call customer service or even varied tiers of support, they know what I'm talking about, but they don't know what it is called.  Is it a feature?  Is it just a server or software provided option?

Did someone somewhere just make the decision to turn it off thinking that nobody would care?

Does it still work for you?

I'd love to know what it is called and why I don't hear it any longer and/or why nobody can hear it when they call me when I'm on the other line.

Thank you for your time and insight.

0 Likes