Does Verizon Care why its customers are leaving?
SteveNovak

I initiated a port of my number to another carrier tonight. I called Verizon Customer Care to ask them specific questions about the closing of my account. The customer care rep answered my questions and ended the conversation by wishing me luck with the new carrier. She didn't seem at all interested in knowing why I went to a new carrier after being a Verizon customer for 2 years.

As a senior living alone I don't have any need for the share everything plan that Verizon is now marketing; primarily to families. They have no interest in serving us seniors! This share everything plan only increases my costs to almost $100/month and I barely use any data bandwidth. I recently had to increase my plan minutes from 450 to 900 because of the need to call my 95 year old father more often. Even when I increased my plan minutes the online system showed my plan usage go to 507 minutes, back to 372 minutes and then back to 507 minutes all within 24 hours! The rep who I called verified the 372 minute usage number and then the usage popped back up to 507 minutes within a few hours.

My plan also didn't provide any text messaging without paying a per message cost!

I went with another carrier with unlimited voice messages, unlimited text messages and more than enough data bandwidth for my needs. This plan will be over $20.00 less than I am now paying Verizon for a plan that I don't need!

Give me unlimited voice, don't force me into a Share Everything family plan and then maybe I will come back to Verizon!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does Verizon Care why its customers are leaving?
krustykrabpizza
Enthusiast - Level 3

They have the 65+ plan for talk only which services most seniors as they don't need the texting and data. Otherwise, yes you will be paying more to get the fancy Smartphone and all its gidgets and gadgets.

Good luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
krustykrabpizza
Enthusiast - Level 3

They have the 65+ plan for talk only which services most seniors as they don't need the texting and data. Otherwise, yes you will be paying more to get the fancy Smartphone and all its gidgets and gadgets.

Good luck

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A Prepaid plan might also be an option depending on the phone being used.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lhassig

Amen!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

All of our non-grandfathered plans in postpaid wireless have unlimited minutes. If you need a plan with unlimited minutes, we're happy to help you choose the right plan for you. Just send us a Private Note and we'll go over it with you.  *Melissa

0 Likes