Does anybody else receive incorrect data usage alerts via txt and email?
Rocky79
Enthusiast - Level 2

My daughter and I are sharing 8GB, which are protected from overage charges through parental settings with the family base plan. This usually works great. Once we reach our individual set limit we can't use any extra data. However, this month, I received the alerts via txt and email saying we used our data allowance for this month, but we are still able to use our data. Also, after checking out our individual data usage it shows only half of the allowance has been used. I don't get it. How can we have used all of our data for the month, but our data usage breakdown shows something different? Did anybody else have this happening to them?

Labels (1)
Re: Does anybody else receive incorrect data usage alerts via txt and email?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I know how important it is to ensure you do not exceed your data allowance Rocky79. Allow us to help get to the bottom of your data concerns. Have you recently made any changes, to either line? For example, new phones, plan change, have any of the phones dialed 911?
When does your bill cycle end each moth?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Rocky79
Enthusiast - Level 2

No changes have been made to either line. We signed up for the family base plan a while ago and never had an issue. Our billing cycle ends on the 6th each month. I would not know how it would be even possible for us to exceed our data allowance since we have data restrictions for both lines. This should not be possible. We signed up for this extra plan to avoid overages without having to watch our usage constantly. Once the data allowance is all used up we don't get more data access until the next billing cycle.

meyer4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem this month. My kids and I share 15 GB and only have use just over 10 and I also have the usage limits set in family base so we don't go over. Very frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the additional info Rocky79! May I ask what data plan do you have? Also, what's the exact data usage amount reported when you check? Can I assume that there wasn't a price plan change in the last 30 days that may have caused a prorated data allowance?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
hill_jones_family

Yes. on tuesday, 3/31, we received a txt telling us that we have used 75% of our data. the data usage tracker online reported only 50%. which one should we trust?

0 Likes
Rocky79
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm getting really frustrated. I just received another email today, that says (and I quote): "Your account has exceeded the monthly data allowance and used approximately 90% of the 1st data overage for this month". WHAT?

This can't be, because of the following reasons (and these points have been already stated in my last posts, so I really don't get all the further "non-sense" questions from your customer support team.

No. 1: My daughter and I have a shared 8GB Family Base Plan (data restrictions in place; 3GB for me, 5GB for my daughter)

and No. 2: This plan has been in place for some time now, so therefore, "NO" we have not made any plan changes in the last 30 days, nor have we changed phones or called 911 (no clue what that has to do with anything anyway??)

I was asked what the exact data usage amount reported was when I checked. Well as of today (4/3/15 @ 4.23pm CT) my official "SHARED USAGE"  is 4.908 GB. My "INDIVIDUAL USAGE" is 2.861 GB. As you can see this is not even close to my 8GB plan.

I hope this will be enough information for you to finally help with the problem. I don't know how much more info you guys need, but it would make things easier if somebody would just look into my account. Maybe it would also be helpful to have a costumer service phone number (and not one that is a 24/7 automated voice message number) available for a more personal and prompt dealing with issues as such. This back and forth via messaging is very inconvenient, time consuming, and not to mention frustrating.

Regarding to my last received email from Verizon (the one I just stated at the very beginning of this message)  I expect that Verizon will likely charge me for overages this month. There is "NO WAY" I'm paying more than my regular monthly bill, because I pay Verizon an extra monthly fee to have the data restrictions in place that prevent overages on our part. If this is a glitch in the system I would assume that Verizon doesn't expect the costumer should be held accountable for that.

0 Likes