Dual SIM Card phones
Firetrek
Enthusiast - Level 1

With some phones these days being made with "dual-sim" card slots, like the Moto z2 play. What are people's thoughts on utilizing that technology? Also has anyone heard as to when Verizon will start using and supporting it?

Labels (1)
Re: Dual SIM Card phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Firetrek, we currently only need one SIM card to support our LTE services. In the future, with new technologies being released, perhaps this dual SIM card device will have a use, as of right now, one works perfectly fine.

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Firetrek
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, however, I was looking into the use of it to be able to utilize 2 different cell phone numbers with the same phone. I know there are "apps" that do just that, however, it utilizes WiFi or data with most of them. That and it would be more professional if one had a real number say adding a number to the phone for an extra $10 a month for unlimited Talk/text no data pack needed.

stef7
Master - Level 2

I think that people who have to carry two phones: personal and business would LOVE to be able to combine both into one device. Not sure to what extent that would be possible. I know there are phones that only have one modem, and some that have two.

I'm not sure Verizon provides operability on their network for that however.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There are 3rd party services that allow you to have a number, but you cannot use an additonal SIM card to have 2 cell service provider's phone numbers on your device. 

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
wade_link

This is unfortunate.  I am a two phone person: 1 work and 1 for personal and would love to be able to have this function on my phone.

My wife's dual sim card Samsung Galaxy S7 works with other sim cards except Verizon. 

I used the chat on Verizon's website tonight and the person said most new VZ phones have dual sims, but I don't think this is true.  They even said the iPhone 8 has dual sim, but I looked at my iPhone 8 from Verizon and it does not have dual sim.

Is there any VZ phone that is dual sim?  The replies above seem pretty clear, except my interaction with the chat help is now making me doubt what is true.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No dual SIM card phones work on the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ROBPCBRAT
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why won't Verizon use the technology that is available to use two Sims cards in one phone? I have been trying to get this for years.

efonwang

all ZTE phones can do that. i've the axon 7 and it works both verizon and any other GSM network.

there are newer ZTE phones. phone will show as "unknown" on your verizon account. but it'll still work.

also, if you really want. all phones bought from China are CDMA (verizon's network) capable. And there's a huge range of Dual SIM phones there.

0 Likes
TaceK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like the rest of the world.

0 Likes