Early upgrade trade in complaint
Ray_burford2000
Enthusiast - Level 1

In December 2020 I was eligible to trade in my current device which was an ex S max for the iPhone 12 max and then went to December so then I didn’t do that got a upgrade I got all the info I have the order number and then was sent to the package to send in my phone I sent a phone UPS Lyssa sent back to me and I’m getting charge for the phone send it back it is now in Verizon‘s hands, I have a tracking number that it was delivered on March 15 but now I still have a $1900 bill that keeps getting my phone cut off I try to call all the time. It only takes over an hour each time I want to get through to anybody to actually do anything am I get told is going to be credited eventually  I can’t make separate payments at a lower price and I’m still not getting credit for it and late payments to my name and lost valuable time I need to be working it was a. Early upgrade phone which was 3 days old from a insurance claim I paid $200 to replace for the upgrade so now I’m getting charged extra fees and everything all the time with no help and sometimes very rude customer service reps with a tone I’m in wrong and stop calling 

Tags (1)
Re: Early upgrade trade in complaint
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out. This is never the experience that we want you to have when upgrading your phone. Getting a higher than expected bill would concern me too. Do you by any chance have the tracking number for the returned device? 

0 Likes
notchriswebster
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. In early February I upgraded 2 lines on my account and I sent the old devices back through UPS the next day. I kept getting emails saying that my device hasn’t been received so I contacted Verizon and they said I can ignore the messages if I sent the devices in. My next bill came out at the start of March and it was almost $1000 because I got charged for both device buyouts. I messaged Verizon and told them the issue and they claim they haven’t received the devices. I checked the tracking numbers and it says they were delivered to Verizon on February 25th. I’m not sure why it took so long for them to get the phones but they did receive them. They then said that I have to wait until the next billing cycle to get credited back for them. My next bill came out the beginning of this month and I still haven’t been credited back. So I messaged them again and it took an hour of interrogating me asking all these questions of tracking numbers and where I sent the phones to and where I dropped them off at to get sent to Verizon to finally get a response saying oh yeah we see you sent the devices back but there’s nothing they can do and I have to wait another billing cycle to get credited back. Now I have a balance sitting on my worthless Verizon visa credit card for the amount I got charged for the early buyout of the phones, and now interest is gonna get charged to me cause I’m not paying that full amount until I get credited back my money. The customer service terrible and everytime I message them I get asked an hours worth of questions cause they have no idea or record of what I’m talking about for some reason and I get the same response that I have to wait till the next billing cycle. It’s like no I want my money back now. If Verizon doesn’t credit me my money back within the next week I’m switching to T-Mobile. I’ve been an excellent customer with Verizon for 2 and a half years yet I get charged for their mess up and all they do is tell me to wait. No that’s not customer service. I’m going to switch to T-Mobile if they don’t solve this and at least give me an incentive for dealing with this nonsense for the past 2 months and having to pay interest for carrying a balance on my credit card cause they don’t wanna give me my money back. If Verizon doesn’t wanna give me my money, at least give me my old devices back that they received over a month ago

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to know what's going on with your bill. We'd like to see what's happening. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes