East Lansing signal quality degraded
JOEBEN33
Enthusiast - Level 2

I work frequently gig-apps. Grubhub, Doordash, Uber Eats, Uber, Lyft. I am consistently loosing signal entirely in certain areas of East Lansing. I am involved in a local group and I started a discussion about this because there are particular restaurants that we cannot deal with due to lack of signal. I am not the only one having the issues, it is verizon network with any type of phone that is affected. Iphone, Android, you name it.

Signal is great in downtown east lansing but that fades away quickly. As you drive eastward towards okemos on Grand River signal will drop out at Bogue St. By the time you make it to Hagadorn Rd there is no service at all. Service doesnt return until you hit Park Lake rd. We are talking a good 2 mile area with no service. It gets better, there isn't service on Stoddard St or Spartan St. and Albert Ave at Hagadorn Rd. They are both near Hagadorn and Grand River ave so they suffer from the same signal issues. It has gotten so bad that Ive started asking people what service they use and looking for other carriers. I pay verizon a significant sum every month and to have my income reduced or stopped entirely because my cellphone provider cannot give me signal is unacceptable. I demand that you fix this issue in East Lansing. I am sick of having to drive 2-3 miles down the road to get service to do my job. I NEED to be able to have service between Hagadorn Rd and Park Lake rd on Grand River. Many thousands of people live in this area as well as travel the area daily. There has to be other people on here that are experiencing the same issues.

0 Likes
Re: East Lansing signal quality degraded
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have reliable service, especially for your job JOEBEN33. We want to look into this further. We sent you a Private Note so we can continue working on this matter together.-Gerson

0 Likes
Arm2020

In the same area, all of the Verizon Wireless housemates have NO coverage.  I called a couple of weeks ago about it and the Verizon rep said they are working on it.  My neighbor has the same problem and she switched to another carrier.  MSU has a lot of young people that may switch to other carriers and Verizon may lose them as customers.  Are you missing a tower in the area?  Are you really working on a fix?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have to excellent service. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this and look at the area. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
JOEBEN33
Enthusiast - Level 2

Something has changed. This exact area now along grand river ave I have full service now. 5g even. I hope it doesn't go back to low signal when students return en mass.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, JOEBEN33. I'm so glad it is fixed and you have the service you need! Thank you for keeping us posted. 

Thank you for your patience with us! Have a fantastic day! -Vanessa

0 Likes
sparty502

Was this fixed? Still no signal on Verizon walking down Shaw Lane from Broad, phone goes to SOS. This is disappointing. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!