Error 31: Other network problem
josephyeh

I suddenly can't send texts and keep getting Error 31: Other network problem. My data and wifi services are working fine, i.e. I can access the internet. I have tried rebooting my phone and disconnecting/reconnecting from mobile data to no avail.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 FYI.

0 Likes
Re: Error 31: Other network problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello josephyeh, having text messaging issue with your service can be frustrating, especially if it's your main form of communication, we want to find a fix. When did the issue start? Where is it happening (city and cross streets)? Who else is experiencing the problem (friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, etc.)?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
User24601
Enthusiast - Level 1

An iPhone user with whom I need to communicate via text says he is unable to receive a lot of non-iPhone text messages.  When I tried to text him from my Samsung, the message did not go through and I received an Error 31 code below my message.  What is the source of this problem?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey User24601

Being able to have your messages go through to all OS users are important. I want to ensure we get all of your concerns addressed. Please tell me more. How often are you getting the error message? Does this happen with all of your text messages? What kind of Samsung phone do you have? 

JenniferL_VZW

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cwelnetz

I am having this same problem on my note 9.  The strage thing is it seems like I am only having problems texting one person in particular. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems texting one phone number in particular. Is the phone you're trying to text an Android or iPhone device? 

JesusG_VZW

0 Likes
sharpe8669
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem on my Note 8 when I try to text one particular address

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, sharpe8669. We're very sorry to hear about the text messaging issue that you are experiencing with your Samsung Galaxy Note 8. We will be more than happy to go through some steps to make sure that you are able to text message this contact successfully in the end. How long has this been happening? What is the make and model of the device that you're attempting to send a text message to? What is the name of the text messaging app that you are using? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
BACKFLP540
Enthusiast - Level 2

What steps are these that you speak of?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to be able to message on your phone, BACKFLP540. We are here to help you.

What model phone do you have? What messaging app are you using with us?

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes