Facebook SMS text verification code not being recieved. Locked out.
Yogicgardens
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can receive codes and messages from everyone but Facebook. 

Re: Facebook SMS text verification code not being recieved. Locked out.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yogicgardens, making sure you are receiving your text message Short Codes from Facebook is important. Let’s review the details. When did this concern start?  Are you receiving an error message when you request the Short Code verification?

We have sent you a Private Message to further review this matter. Please respond to that message. Thank you.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
Wildjoe01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue and it is very disturbing. I cannot receive my sms message from Facebook to receive my code but can receive messages from all other companies. This is 5 days now and I’m upset with this problem.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wildjoe01,

I want to get to the bottom of this concern for you, as receiving text messages is an important part of managing many of the accounts we keep these days. You mention getting messages from other companies, are these of the "Short Code" variety (the number sending you messages is 6 digits or less)?

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
Funhater
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you get this figured out?  Last Monday Facebook wanted me to do a security check via code sent to my iPhone and I have not yet received a code.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret the inconvenience as we want to ensure you can get the proper registration codes. Did Facebook attempt to send the code multiple times? Did Facebook confirm the full 10 digit number they are sending the message to?  YaleK_VZW

LG1975
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. My daughter decided she wanted to try Facebook so we set up her page. When she went to log in again, FB was asking for a phone number to send an SMS code to verify her. The code has never come. We tried my phone number and nothing. FB now shows we have "tried the sms request too many times and have to wait 24 hours". My husband is on AT&T and set up a FB and he received his sms code just fine. FB does not respond when you submit a "problem" to them. It seems to be something on the side of Verizon. Our iphone settings have all been verified to be on what they need to be to allow sms texts. We received them from others but the FB one will not. So now my kid has a FB she can't use because she can't verify her phone number without the stupid sms text. 

Kiimmm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes,  I kept reading where different sources were saying to wait 24 hours before trying to log in again, and I WAS NOT LISTENING. The more it would deny me, the harder I'd continue to try to get logged in. I finally mustered up the patience to wait it out..  low and behold- 24 hours later, login is successful.

0 Likes
Ahoy44
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was frustrated by this same issue for a couple weeks before I found the solution;

The Facebook SMS number was in my blocked contacts list for some unknown reason!

Un-blocking it completely resolved the issue and I was able to recover my account.

jbcrouch33

I am having the same issue. I can receive short digit codes from other companies but not Facebook. Can you help me get this resolved?

0 Likes