False Advertising for Iphone Upgrades
tlmcpa13
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Verizon ads stating anyone with a Verizon account can get a free Iphone upgrade is completely false.   It sounded too good to be true so I attempted my upgrade to find out what it was actually going to cost.  On the upgrade screen there are 3 options, $400, $450 & $650.  There is no way to distinguish which to choose,  I contacted support and originally was told I was eligible for the $400 upgrade.  When I told the agent I had checked the $400 promo for my phone (IPhone8 Plus), it came back as only $100.  She confirmed I was correct.  $100 credit is a far way from a free upgrade on an $800 - $1000 phone.  I hope people aren't falling for this and then finding out when they get the bill they only received $100 when they were expecting as much as $650.  As for why the agent selected the $400 promo over the $650, she did not have an explanation.  Buyer beware.

Re: False Advertising for Iphone Upgrades
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, there! We always want to make sure you're getting any promotion you qualify for. Where did you see this promotion? We are happy to help.

*Breanna

0 Likes
Dpawlak11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received the following text msg:

Hi. It's Verizon with an exclusive holiday offer! Upgrade and get $650 off any iPhone 13 with a qualifying trade-in and any Unlimited plan. Visit m.vzw.com/650Promo (data charges may apply). $650 trade-in/promo credit applied over 24/30 mos; 0% APR. Add'l terms & trade-in conditions apply. Reply 'X' to stop msgs.

I followed the link and there is no iPhones listed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how crucial it is to get your new phone, and we will be happy to help! You can view the latest iPhone devices by clicking here: http://spr.ly/6604J5PLp ~David

0 Likes
FREPRI1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried for 3 days to order the iPhone 13. the promo on the shop page says upgrade existing account $650 off when I trade in my device. their website is so wonky. I add to my cart, promo shows the new price of $4.99 month and that I am getting a $650 credit for an iPhone 11. then I go to do the verification of the trade and the system times out or tells me I have a payment plan (I do not) and I can never properly add my device (trading in an iPhone 11). I have 4 lines I want to do this on,. I will never get back my 5hours of time spent on this!

seriously how hard is this?

ba513
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a similar problem with a samsung phone. I can go even 1 step farther. I had an S6 to trade in, and my cart showed the 800 trade in. the online rep changed it to my S8 and then processed the order. Now I can't get out of the deal. When i ask for a Verizon call back, I get a call, nobody is there, and then it disconnects. of cource then I get a text saying "we called you"...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ba513, this is not the type of experience we would ever want you to have. We apologize for the issue you are having when you try to reach us. We will be pleased to help you.

Which iPhone model and memory size did you buy? To ensure we are on the same page, the phone you want to trade-in is the S6, not the S8 is that correct? -Jacob

0 Likes
MissNance3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi!  Just wondering if you were ever able to get a satisfactory resolution?

I had similar problem..."page errors" kept happening (should have been my first clue), but I spent hours anyway trying to work it through. Then I had text conversations with the "tech/sales" helper who said it was all straightened out and "was I happy with the results?"  Urgh!  Phone arrived with NO trade-in kit and a statement for full purchase price.  Now they aren't calling back...pretty frustrated.

Hoping for a miracle outcome.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MissNance3, we always want you to be able to take part in promotions you're eligible for. We regret the problems you've encountered, but we want to make sure everything has been resolved. You posted this two days ago, so wondering if you still need assistance? If so, what exact iPhone model & promotion were you trying to take part in? Please provide deals. Thanks!  -Alicia

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@tlmcpa13 wrote:

The Verizon ads stating anyone with a Verizon account can get a free Iphone upgrade is completely false.   It sounded too good to be true so I attempted my upgrade to find out what it was actually going to cost.  On the upgrade screen there are 3 options, $400, $450 & $650.  There is no way to distinguish which to choose,  I contacted support and originally was told I was eligible for the $400 upgrade.  When I told the agent I had checked the $400 promo for my phone (IPhone8 Plus), it came back as only $100.  She confirmed I was correct.  $100 credit is a far way from a free upgrade on an $800 - $1000 phone.  I hope people aren't falling for this and then finding out when they get the bill they only received $100 when they were expecting as much as $650.  As for why the agent selected the $400 promo over the $650, she did not have an explanation.  Buyer beware.

Yup.  AT&T really does have the same offer for existing lines.  If the loan wasn’t 36 months long, I would be tempted to jump ship.  I barely get 2 years out of a phone.  Perfect for a trade in deal.  🤷🏼‍♀️

0 Likes