Full Bars, Very Slow Data
ShaneMoon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon’s network seems to be increasingly getting worse and worse. 
I can pinpoint 3 spots in my (relatively small) city where I can consistently get full 5 bars of LTE, but data rates so slow that I can’t load most apps and sometimes not even a webpage. 

I understand congestion at arenas and stadiums and during large events…but this happens regularly as just normal times and not highly populated areas  

This is getting pretty ridiculous. I’ve tried calling into customer support and they of course just take me through the same scripted troubleshooting steps and reports “no outages in the area”. 

I have spent hours on hold and every time I get transferred to a higher tier support, the call just disconnects. It’s seriously so frustrating. I’m hoping someone replies here…I am very seriously looking at moving to T-Mobile if this doesn’t get resolved. I have been a Verizon member for 10 years. 

Re: Full Bars, Very Slow Data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand the importance of your phone working in all locations, and we can certainly try to assist. We do need to clarify a few things.

Are these 3 locations inside, or outside?

What are the speeds you are receiving at these locations.

We will need to request more questions also, so please send us a Private note here, or contact us on Twitter @VZWSupport, or on Facebook, so we can work more closely to solve this issue. *Gert

0 Likes
Whitman123
Enthusiast - Level 1

It seems as if you are not the only one. Everyone I talk to says the same thing unless you have 5G. It seems as if you have to upgrade to get any kind of bars. 

I too have been with Verizon for a very long time but am thinking of changing because of this

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Staying connected is essential, and we would love the opportunity to dive deeper. I will be sending you a Private Note.*Deanna

0 Likes
Olofton1

I have a Galaxy S23+ and usually have good signal strength wherever I go but seem to always have slow data speed and I travel frequently across the southeastern US. Very seldom do I get the high speeds that's advertised. It's either aggravatingly slow or unusablely slow. If it continues like this I will be switching providers soon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Olofton1, we definitely understand the need for a reliable data connection, and we would love to help. If you're experiencing this everywhere, this may be an indicator of a device issue and not network issue. To confirm, how are voice and messaging services working? How are you using your phone when you notice the slower data speeds? Have you completed a speed test on your phone when you experience these issues? 

~Izzy

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to start a new conversation on the most relevant board. Thanks!