Gift cards purchased from Verizon official website are invalid.
JIAZHA73

I purchased two gift cards ($100 each one) in February 2017 from Verizon official website. However, the cards I received are invalid, which means the cards are never activated and there is no balance in them. I tried to contact with Verizon customer service since May 2017 for at least 7 times; however, no one solved my problem even though I was told many times that someone would work on it.

Any idea about how to solve my problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Gift cards purchased from Verizon official website are invalid.
JIAZHA73

Anyone has this problem before?

0 Likes
JIAZHA73

I will keep my question up until Verizon resolve this issue.

0 Likes
JIAZHA73

The customer service is working on it. Hopefully it is the last time I call them!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't remove questions from the community once it is posted. Only the Moderators or Administrators can remove a post from the community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you ever take the cards and the receipt for the purchase to a corporate store to see if they could activate the cards?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to ensure this gets taken care of, JIAZHA73. I've messaged your inbox for additional support.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jtpete
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey! I'm having this exact problem with a $100 gift card that my mom bought for me in March. The phone number on the back of the card is just an automated balance checker--no luck. The website does not have a number for gift card help. Customer care via phone confirmed that the numbers are indeed invalid but could not refund us because they couldn't see proof of purchase via phone. They're sending me to a corporate store tomorrow (which, btw, told me earlier today that they could do nothing for me concerning gift cards and told me to call instead) to dispute the gift card and show proof of purchase in person.

Interesting thing--I put the Order Number and Location Code into the Check Order Status page, and this particular order shows TWO shipments: 1) with a UPS tracking number which I received and 2) with a Fedex tracking number that "cannot be found". Also, my mom's email order confirmation says that she will receive an email shipping confirmation, which she never did receive. My mom's last name is also not on the packing invoice...which is the second piece of information needed to Check Order Status. Hmm.

My theory is that someone at fulfillment knows that there's no direct line of help for this--gift cards are purchased for OTHER people usually, and the process of resolving this would likely involve both parties and could even be a source of embarrassment for the giver. Someone at fulfillment is sending the actual gift cards elsewhere and sending the "gifts" empty and invalid. Let's see... what's the total amount of money missing between this thread, the other one on Verizon Community, and the one on Reddit? Imagine how many others, who don't use forums, have invalid gift cards? This is more insidious than anyone at Verizon cares to figure out, and the customer service reps who do care often do not have the resources or ability to take the problem up the ladder.

If you have this problem, go to Check Order Status, put in your Order Number and Location Code, and see if I'm on to anything. Let us know!

This is my delivery information for anyone who wants to compare:

Ordered on: March 28, 2017

Shipped on: March 29, 2017

Delivered to: Brooklyn, NY

Location Code: [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
JIAZHA73

I did. However, it is purchased online so they have to contact the IT group.

0 Likes
JIAZHA73

I complain this problem since April. Two months passed and Verizon did nothing. I already filed a customer complain online to Federal Trade Commission. Let's see what's Verzion's response to this.

My order information is

Ordered on: 02/21/2017

Shipped on: 02/21/2017

Delivered to: Iowa City, IA

0 Likes