Has Verizon's service gone downhill?
jwathas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi everyone,

We were with Verizon for about 13 years and then ended up switching to T-Mobile about a year and a half ago due to their prices being much lower than anything Verizon could offer us.  During the time we were with Verizon, we had very little issues.  We have actually had great service with T-Mobile and always got 4-5 bars of signal in our home and full signal around town with great data speeds.  My husband recent started a new job with a company who offers their employees a very generous discount on Verizon Wireless service, so we have switched back.  We got our SIM cards yesterday, ported our numbers over, and activated with Verizon.  Since coming back, our service has been TERRIBLE!!!!  We only get 1 bar of signal in our home and only 2 when we go outside and we are getting literally NO data speed.  I ran a few speed tests and we aren't even getting 1 Mbps download speed.  The last time I checked, we got 0.39 Mbps.  I can't even load Google on my phone!  Both my husband and I have the iPhone XS Max.  We have spent hours on the phone with Verizon's tech support and have done multiple network resets and a wide variety of other troubleshooting steps to no avail.  My husband even did an entire factory reset on his iPhone to see if that would help, but it did not.  Verizon has reset everything they can from their end, but nothing is working.  We are still getting totally garbage service.  We are at our wits end and are seriously considering going back to T-Mobile.  Their service was MUCH better.  I told Verizon that we were with them for many years prior to switching to T-Mobile in 2018 and never had these issues and they informed me that they have been making some changes to their network recently and that we are now in a "marginal" coverage area.  I guess they are focusing more on larger cities (we live in the suburbs).  Is this true?  If so, that is very sad.  

Re: Has Verizon's service gone downhill?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to be able to use service at home, jwathas. I’m sorry this experience has left you wanting to go to another provider, we don’t want to see you leave the Verizon family. Thank you for working with us to try to improve your experience at home. I understand you are in a marginal coverage area, I can understand how that is disappointing to hear. We are happy to review indoor solutions to help improve your service at home. I have sent a private message so we can further assist; we look forward to your reply.

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes
jwathas
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has NOTHING to do with "indoor solutions."   If you read my original post, you would not have posted the response that you did, because you would know that we have been in the SAME LOCATION for 13 years and we were with Verizon for about 13 years prior to switching to T-Mobile about a year and a half ago.  During our prior stint with Verizon for many years, we did NOT have these issues with NO data speed and either no signal or just one bar.  When we were with T-Mobile, we had GREAT service.  I have just spent HOURS on the phone with your tech support, who was completely useless and was not able to do anything to resolve our situation. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand this is important for you, jwathas. Our goal is for you to have the best possible service. I'm sorry for any confusion this has caused. We value your loyalty here with us. Many factors outside of Verizon’s control can contribute to indoor performance, even in cases where you may have had service in the past. This includes cell site changes, foliage, construction, population changes, and interference. In this situation, we recommend connecting to Wi-Fi when it's available to improve your indoor experience.

We also recommend using Wi-Fi calling to help you with making and receiving calls over a Wi-Fi network. You can find more information on Wi-Fi calling using this link. http://spr.ly/66091cRLd Does this help provide clarity?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
Greg-Hayes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know Verizon has been the best for many years. We have been with them for 8 years our self. We have 13 lines of service with them plus jet packs ect. But we are strongly lookin at other companies. I spent 18 hours last week on the phone because they had things so messed up. 2 hours just trying to order a standard flip phone. I has gotten so bad. I'm not sure what the deal is but they need to step up there game allot. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly appreciate all that time with us, Greg-Hayes. We definitely don't want you to feel like you need to look for other companies. We would never want you to leave us and I'm sorry to hear about the issues with getting the assistance you needed in a timely manner. If there are any unresolved concerns, please respond to the private note we have sent to you. If you still need to order a basic phone, the basic place to view all of our offerings and complete the order is here: https://www.verizon.com/basic-phones/ 

-Ryan

0 Likes
cyberhobo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the process of switching now. It's all customer service or lack of.

cyberhobo
Enthusiast - Level 2

2 days to buy a 1200 phone... jeez Verizon wiz bang support messed up order twice, I just want out of here. After all these year they DONT HEAR US ANY MORE. they are big enought now they don't care about any customers

cyberhobo
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's my situation, I'm not spending two days on the phone trying to buy a 1200 phone and a 500 iPad. We can hear them now but obviously, they can't / don't / won't hear us, customers, anymore. Verizon has forgot there are other competitors out there

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cyberhobo- We never want to hear you want to leave our family. I am sorry to hear about the experience when contacting us for assistance. I am here to help. Please respond to my private note.

-Angie

0 Likes