How do you escalate an issue to someone that can actually solve the problem?
chadhawkinson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't even have the energy to regurgitate my entire situation again, since I have had to do it at least once per day for the last two weeks as I seemingly start over from the beginning every single time I call support.  The short version...I bought my wife a new iPhone 12 that was incorrectly activated under my line, rather than hers.  What was supposed to be an easy swap of phones between two of my 5 existing lines has turned into a nearly 2 week odyssey where one or both of our phones was not working.  My wife's phone finally started working last week, but my phone mysteriously deactivated from my line and I have been without a phone now for a week.  I am almost 2 weeks into this with 1-2 hours every day having to repeat my entire life story to a new rep while trying to get a status on this issue.  They all say they are "escalating" the issue and it should get resolved in 24-48 hours...which is obviously not the case.  I just spend another 2 hours with multiple reps only to get mysteriously disconnected.  Even though they asked me for my callback number like 3 times, they apparently did not intend to use it!  It's bad enough that I have had to work from home for the last 6 months because of this fudging pandemic, but now the phone I need to get my job done is not working and nobody seems to be able to help me.  Where do I go from here?  AT&T?  BBB?

Re: How do you escalate an issue to someone that can actually solve the problem?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chadhawkinson, we are truly sorry to hear about your experience. We understand the vital need of having a working device during these times. I would like the opportunity to take a closer look at the details of your concern. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you. 

0 Likes
Re: How do you escalate an issue to someone that can actually solve the problem?
JoshS4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having similar issue, it’s taking several hours of many phone calls and still not resolved. So I decide to escalate the issue to a supervisor. Agent tells me “sorry I cannot do that.” She tells me not only that she cannot help me fix the issue but also that she cannot escalate the call to a supervisor. Because she works from home. The structure of Verizon right now is ridiculous. Not sure if it’s always been like this, but something needs to change. I’m not the only person being inconvenienced by this. It should not take months to resolve a billing issue. And there should be a process for escalating an issue that an agent doesn’t have authority to fix. I have never once experienced this one in all of my consumer life. Someone at Verizon reading this message needs to pass this info up the chain of command to get it fixed.

Issue: I’m on a plan that includes Apple Music for free (even my bill says Apple music includes) yet I’m being charged an extra $10 for it every month.

kingleon17
Enthusiast - Level 1

BBB

0 Likes
tdriscoll001

I ordered a new iphone 14 Pro because the in-store sales representative in Odenton, Maryland, Benjamin, told me my old phone would be worth $800 in trade-in value.  Ben put this statement in writing.  After I received my new phone and traded-in my old phone, Ben called me and said he was wrong and my trade was really only $400.  I informed him that I would not have purchased the new phone if that was the case and requested my old phone back.  He said it was too late.  I asked for the manager, Darryl Young.  He said despite the fact that I was promised $800 for my phone trade in writing, that there was nothing he could do.  He offered for me to call Customer Service, which I did.  Customer service rep, Renz, said he escalated my case.  Agreed I should be given the remaining $400 credit as promised, but that he could not help me and said I needed to go back to the Odenton store and speak with Darryl again.  I spoke with Darryl and he said he cannot help me and doesn't know why customer care referred me back.  

Since I have it in writing that my phone trade would be $800, I just want what I was promised.  Please.

Terrie Driscoll

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, tdriscoll001. I would absolutely want the offered promotion as well. I am really sorry for this entire ordeal. Upgrading to a new phone should always be an exciting experience. (Congratulations on your new iPhone, by the way.) 

I just sent you a Private Note. -Vanessa

0 Likes