How does one put in a request for more coverage in a growing population?
Discfrog
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in one of the many suburbs outlying Austin TX. We are growing city and close to many tech hubs and campuses like Apple Inc. The growth here is exponential! I moved to a different location before Covid, and noticed our community had really poor cell and data coverage. Why we moved to Verizon from two other plans. We could at least make a phone cal with Verizon. Now trying to send a text message? That is a different story. We are pretty much left to using Wi-Fi. After snowpocalypse of 2021 it left me worried that there will be another point of time where we are left without real communication to the outside world. My question is this... How does one request companies like Verizon to push for more towers? I get that all the companies share or lease from the same towers. Who decides to build these towers to meet the demand? What does Verizon have to offer to remedy this besides referring to your internet provider for data use? Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Re: How does one put in a request for more coverage in a growing population?
Discfrog
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just to point out, ZipCode is 78641. 

Coverage is week for about a 10 mile radius. This is across numerous devices. This is outside, in the house, and in a car. This is also the same issue for neighbors, and my community. Only a handful of people have manage to get a good coverage depending on their location in the community. Our community is primarily depending on wi-fi. So yes that means no Pokemon Go gym battles for us. We have a sad pogo Gym that no one can enjoy. 😥

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Discfrog. We know how important it is to have good cellular service. If you know any land owners interested in having us put up a cell tower, you can share this link with them: https://www.verizon.com/support/real-estate-faqs/. Additionally, if you are experience service issues you can contact Customer Service to them complete troubleshooting and then submit a network ticket. Once a network ticket has been submitted, or network technicians will investigate the issue further. This can help us determine the need for more cell towers. *Cassie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Discfrog  . There is a outage reported near the ZIP Code you provided. Our network technicians are working quickly to resolve this issue. At this time, we don't have an estimated fix time, but please feel free to reach to us for updates.  *Cassie

0 Likes