IRS confirmation
Jmoy
Enthusiast - Level 1
  • I was trying to use the IRS website to receive transcripts online. To do this you must set up an account that is verified by your phone # and the fact that its registered to you. My number is not working and my account is registered to me. Anyone have experience with this?
Re: IRS confirmation
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Jmoy wrote:
  • I was trying to use the IRS website to receive transcripts online. To do this you must set up an account that is verified by your phone # and the fact that its registered to you. My number is not working and my account is registered to me. Anyone have experience with this?

What does it show indicating your 'number is not working'?  Is there a support/help contact procedure on the site?  Are you listed on your account as the account holder or the primary user and are you using the EXACT name layout?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
brvzgal

I had the same problem and it was because it's a pre-paid account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jmoy! We're sorry to read that you're having trouble with the IRS page.

When you set up your account for the IRS you put in your number so that they can confirm it's you and so that they can send you a security code. Are you not receiving the code or are you getting a different error? 

AaronS_VZW

JfamilyEmpire
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a standard paid account and still ran into this same exact problem.  I just went around and around with a Verizon rep for the last 20 minutes.  He kept telling me my account was registered in my name, and I told him the IRS does not believe so.  Eventually, he just wasted my time and steered me towards an FAQ page to change the name on my caller ID....pointless.

It sounds like Verizon has an issue with phone registry, especially when it comes to the IRS.  Maybe John should have a look into the matter, especially since millions of Americans are trying to receive their stimulus checks and are required to know their AGI to do so.

Fail.

Bal3is
Enthusiast - Level 1

irs confirmation mail error.pngI'm having the same issue. I cant verify my phone number because im on verizon prepaid im assuming. they cant get the caller id to verify my name. first i was thinking they can detect if its prepaid since they can be activated without ID verification. But it just might be they cant get our name as we filed taxes with. I need my AGI to proceed with filing taxes, but this process wont work nor will they send the Mail verification method which takes 10 days since the coronavirus is going on. STUCK

irs confirmation.pngirs confirmation error.png

bubing
Enthusiast - Level 1

same issue here. I am on a post-pay account which was converted from a pre-pay early this year. I don't know if this is the reason IRS can't verify. I read from t-mobile forum that you have to get caller id correctly displaying your legal name. Also read from att forum that you have to check if you have a locked experian account with wrong information where very likely the IRS is verifying information with. I have tried all of them, still failed. A HUGE PAIN!

bubing
Enthusiast - Level 1

Or, I am speculating if one should have phone number area code exactly matched to the last tax file address?? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have lifted up your concern with the username. A moderator will be reaching out to you shortly to help change it.

As for the IRS situation, have you checked your Caller ID to ensure it's set up for your full legal name? This can help the verification process. Also, do you have any blocks set up on your account (Block Premium SMS)? Lastly, how many attempts have you made so far with the IRS verification? 

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
jus10g
  • Yes, I have verified that Caller ID matches my full legal name. (I had tried to do the same for my wife, but the Caller ID field truncates her long name.  Is there any work around?)
  • I have no blocks on my account as far as I know
  • I tried doing this at least 5 times.

I've found a workaround with the requestor accepting something other than my IRS files, so I may not need to keep troubleshooting this.  But clearly I'm not the only person who has encountered this problem.

(Thanks for fixing the username issue)

0 Likes