Landline porting to existing verizon phone
sleepymike
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

After searching, I believe this is a new senerio.

I have a landline and a verizon account.

I would like to port my landline to my current verizon phone (changing my current verizon phone number

and dropping my current landline provider).

I am currently in the middle of a contract on the verizon phone number I wish to port my landline to.

Is this able to be done without messing with any current plan or services on the other numbers on my account?

There is no data package on the line I wish to change numbers to.

Thanks for any help in this matter.

Labels (1)
Re: Landline porting to existing verizon phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be able to port the number over your existing line. Landline ports do tend to take longer than cell phone to cell phone porting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello sleepymike,

Great question and great news! You can absolutely port your land line number to Verizon Wireless to replace your current cell phone number. This process is known as a Port In Telephone Number Change and can be completed by contacting out Port Center at  800-488-2002.

Thank you,

GeorgeP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kiddiwinkles

Does a “port in telephone number change” change existing phone plan? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon, Kiddiwinkles! We would be more than happy to help you today! Can you please elaborate more? We are not understanding your question. 

0 Likes
CinemaDude

Land lines -- why would anyone want to give them up?  Yes they were expensive (remember "Message Units") but they never dropped calls, they never sounded like you were listening to a garbled shortwave radio, and the phone was DESIGNED to be used by someone that had a human head, not a flat box with an ear and mouth.  The handset has an earpiece that cups you ear and a part to hold easily in your hand and it's curved so that the microphone part is positioned to be in front of your  mouth, nothing like the flat cell phone that is designed for someone with a square head. And when a landline phone rang, you could HEAR the ring from anywhere in the house, and you could have EXTENSIONS with a landline in any room you wanted, not like a cell phone which you can hardly hear sometimes even if you are in the same room, and forget it if you didn't happen carry it with you everywhere you move about the rooms,  then you can't hear it at all. It needs to be on your person ALL THE TIME, even if you are in your pajamas. We once had Ma Bell/New Your Telephone -- everyone had their reliable, not dropped calls, never having to worry it you had bars,  landline. Then it turned into Verizon cell phone provider and we went ten steps BACKWARD in the technology and the ergonomics of the unit that we slam against  our ears, not to mention  the lousy voice sound quality, but we  were  giddy because the thing can take pictures and it can let us be bullied on Facebook and TicToc 24/7. This is not progress, my friends. Get your cellphone service, but KEEP YOUR LANDLINE.

0 Likes
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic. Thank you.

0 Likes