Lied to by sales rep
Dawn3664
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently purchase iPhone. I was quoted by sales rep that I could get up to $700 back in trade in. The next day I reviewed account and stated estimated $220 trade in value. After numerous documented chats zero assistance. I do not have the time to make calls and be on hold for hours on end. After researching a little, I have found this to be an ongoing problem. I am very disappointed in the company that I have spent many years with. I have repeatedly ask for management in chats with run around about I needed to speak with someone about trade in. 

This seems as if there is a lot of room for process improvement or are they intentionally scamming hoping that consumer doesn’t pay attention to bill.

Pay close attention when buying phone or changing plans. You don’t always get what’s promised to you.

0 Likes
Re: Lied to by sales rep
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dawn3664, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Promotional trades are not the same as trade-in credits. Please send us a Private Note, so we can look into what's going on with your device trade. 

*Bee

0 Likes
Dawn3664
Enthusiast - Level 2

Regardless if it’s a promo code or trade in credit, I was told I could get up to $700 for my trade in. Asked multiple times and when bill was reviewed the next day it was estimated  trade in at $220.

Please review all the chat sessions and you will see. I can provide screenshots of the conversation if necessary.

I spent 2 days trying to correct until it was to late to cancel order but after researching this topic is not an isolated incident. It has happened to multiple customers. Verizon needs to honor what is told to customer when it is a company mistake and there is proof in the chat sessions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Dawn3664. I understand how important it is to ensure that you receive the amount that was originally promised for your trade-in purchase. I am sending you a private note so we can work on your concern together. ~Pamela

0 Likes
Dawn3664
Enthusiast - Level 2

So did speak with someone this am and once again problem not resolved. Still no answer on why I was the sales representative gave inaccurate information. I am sending phone back and assured I’ll receive payments already payed back to me. Finding that hard to believe as I keep going in circles.

I have asked multiple times for this to be escalated to management as it is a process improvement issue. Or is it? Is it Verizon’s way to deceive people in hopes they won’t catch on?

The representative this am did say she would forward to appropriate depts. curious to see if I get a response to my one question that no one can seem to answer…and this is not an isolated incident. Come on Verizon live up to your word and quit trying to deceive with promos and trade in offers you can’t honor. Doesn’t matter if you have in writing either.

Why was I lied to and why does Verizon not honor what their sales reps are telling people?

0 Likes
Mytyty1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This just happened to me today.  When I contacted them about this, they texted me part of the conversation wherein the original breakdown and quote where there.  What they claim they dont have is the whole thing afterwards where I declined that offered, said I was leaving and then she came back with the miracle $120 quote. I am so hysterical right now.  And no one will help me.  They are asking for a copy of the transcript.  I said I was told it would be emailed tome.  She literally asked me if I wanted a copy emailed and I said yes.  SO of course I dont have it.  I dont know what to do.  

Below is my original post that I am sharing everywhere on social media, on all the Verizon sites, etc. 

I was given a quote in chat wherein my new bill would be @ $155.  It was to high and when i said i was leaving, she came back and said "Your bill would actually be $120.  I apologize, I didnt see that you auto pay with the verizon card.  You get an additional discount and being a loyal customer so your new bill would actually be about $121.00 total including taxes and add ons."  I literally repeated it line by line including all of the extra things that are in the bills and she said "Yes, that would be the total of my new bill AFTER all of the taxes and add ons".  I agreed to it and was very happy knowing the my bill was now going to be lower then my original bill.  I was so excited. I have been with them for about 20 years and thought this was the best day ever until i asked for the transcript to be emailed and she asked said absolutely and asked for my email.  She seemed so nice.  I told her I had trust issues so before I agreed I was just trying to make sure I understood everything.  She said she totally understands.  My friend was a witness because she was there while I was chatting and I showed her the chat where in they ultimately gave me such a deal it was $2 cheaper then my original place before the price increase.  

When I went to my email.  The transcript was not there, and the new bill is actually higher then my original bill.  When I chatted again, no one had any recollection of a previous chat.  So i called Verizon and the agent said they could see the messages but only up to the part where she quoted me the original $155 price.  I freaked out and said that wasn't true and they treated me like i was lieing.  This is the most horrible experience I have ever had and i cannot believe it is flat out fraud that they are committing.  I am posting my experience every where I can in warning people.  Beware of having the same thing happen to you.  Has anyone else had this happen?  I am reading about this exact situation in other forums and online.  I wish I would have seen this before I chatted.  I have never had this happen to me in the past.  

Dawn3664
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is not an isolated incident. Consumers beware! Going through the same thing except I have screen shots of the whole conversation and still no help. I was told it would be escalated earlier today but still have not heard from anyone. Keep me updated.

0 Likes
Dawn3664
Enthusiast - Level 2

Day 2 and said it would be escalated but still nothing from Verizon.

0 Likes