Lied to on price of product and then cancelled order, but they still shipped it and are trying to charge higher price.
loyalcustomer2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon's customer service representatives have repeatedly failed at their jobs and have demonstrated what Verizon is truly about.  I initiated an online chat session through my Verizon account to request promotions available for an upgrade to an iPhone 7 to an iPhone 11.  I spoke with a chat representative by the name of Chamberlain.  He quoted me at $20.16/month to upgrade to the iPhone 11.  I confirmed the details and that my existing plan would work with this promotion and he confirmed.  We then proceeded with the purchase, during which point, I confirmed that monthly price several more times at $20.16/month.  After the purchase was complete, I closed out of the chat and received a survey and completed it.  A few moments later, I received the confirmation email which indicated the monthly payment plan of $29.16/month, which is the full price that was online, so wasn't reflective of the promotion that I had just agreed to.  I logged back in and initiated another chat session.  The representative did not provide a name or reference ID number.  Going forward, I will always ask for that based off this experience in which I was lied to.  That representative told me that the price was $29.16 and there was no record of the conversation that I had with Chamberlain in which I purchased the phone less than 30 minutes prior.  I then called the 1-800-922-0204 and waited on hold for 15+ minutes.  I explained the entire sequence of events once again and the customer service rep told me that there was no log of that interaction and that promotion did not exist.  I told him that I wanted to cancel the order so the phone would not be shipped to me and also wanted to schedule a call with a supervisor.  He proceeded with the cancellation (allegedly) and escalated my concern and scheduled a call for 1:30 on Thursday, September 24th.  I did not receive a call from the supervisor on that scheduled day or time and the order was shipped to me and has arrived. 

I reached out to Verizon yet again to explain what had happened and tell them that the phone should be returned and they repeatedly told me that the log of the conversations that I had with Chamberlain AND the customer service representative that I talked to by phone did not exist.  I have been a Verizon customer for 19+ years and I can't believe that this is how they take care of any customer, let alone a long-standing one.  They can't seem to offer me any solution to remedy this and have been rude in their responses, all the while implying that I am making up these interactions that their system conveniently didn't log.  It appears that Verizon is able to log conversations on a selective basis and their system conveniently doesn't log records of conversations with customers when they point out their errors or when things are promised.  Verizon can not be trusted and quite honestly, screws over their loyal customers. 

0 Likes
Re: Lied to on price of product and then cancelled order, but they still shipped it and are trying..
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

loyalcustomer2, thank you so much for your loyalty to us for more than 19 years, but we are disheartened to learn about your recent upgrade experience as this is never the experience we want any of our customers to have. We never want you to feel this way as we should be working with integrity to ensure the proper expectations of the process before and after the order has been completed. We appreciate your feedback, and will be happy to lift this up to the appropriate team for review as well. We would like to help turn this around, so I will be sending you a Private Note momentarily to further discuss this securely as someone should have contacted you as promised, and we apologize that this was never done. I will be looking forward to your response at your earliest convenience. 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Lied to on price of product and then cancelled order, but they still shipped it and are trying..
loyalcustomer2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please see my post - I already reached out to customer service on several occasions and have repeatedly just wasted my time.  I asked to escalate this and the appointment was supposedly scheduled, but no one has reached out. 

0 Likes