Lost my trade in
LeLe6715
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm very upset.  I've spoken to numerous agents and they can't find my trade in.  It's very negligent for a company to hand out shipping labels and not document any of that information into the account.   Now my phone is lost, no credits were received and I'm very iffy about sending them another phone.  This is not okay.  I want something done.  I can tell by this forum I'm not the first and won't be the last.

Labels (1)
Re: Lost my trade in
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

And you didn't document the shipping label's tracking number in your own records?

LeLe6715
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately not after I called customer service and they confirmed that they had it,  I thought all was well

That conversation, or any other for that matter, isn't even notated on my account.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You said it is very negligent for Verizon not documenting that information but couldn't the same be said for you not documenting that information for yourself?

Just taking a picture of the label would give you the tracking number.

I am sure that it is in the account, the rep would just need to know where to look for it. Did you do the trade in online or in store?

0 Likes
LeLe6715
Enthusiast - Level 2

They looked everywhere or so they said.   They advised that it "may have been misplaced in the warehouse."  I gave them the information from the verification email I received and they still couldn't find it.  The picture I took of the shipping number was in another phone.  I've had two phones since then, so as I said, it's negligent on their behalf.  I went to the store where I was given a shipping label.  When I spoke with customer service, they told me that that was not even the proper procedure and apparently if it's done on stores, it should'v been credited right then.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I am not sure I follow.

You did take a picture but you never made sure your pictures were backed up? That is still Verizon's negligence? Where is your responsibility in making sure that you can keep track of this for yourself?

You did the trade in in-store but then you had to mail the phone in to Verizon? That is not the procedure in a corporate store, so you must have gone to a premium retailer.

0 Likes
LeLe6715
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: Found the picture stored in my cloud.  Reps still cant find the phone even with the shipping label.  Now what's your solution?  Do you work for Verizon because you certainly seem to be on the defense for them?  Verizon is not an error free provider.  It's been this way since the switch from Alltel.  If I were the only person this happened to it'd be a different story.  Do better Verizon.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I have not had any issues with Verizon.

My solution: take your tracking number and go to the shipper and ask for a status on that package.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you tried going to the web site of the company that shipped your phone? I am a little confused about wither you have the shipping number or not.I know if it was shipped by Fedex you can track the phone from their web site. It will tell you date and time of when it was received at the warehouse. Then I would just send them a copy of that.  That should be enough as far as your responsibility. If you don't have the tracking number and it was shipped thru Fedex they should have a copy of your receipt where you went to ship it. I am not sure about the other shipping company's but I used to work for Fed ex and know what the company policy was on matters like yours

Good luck and please keep us posted on how you make out with this problem     

0 Likes
LeLe6715
Enthusiast - Level 2

Status is listed as delivered, but they still can't find it.  Apparently it went to their warehouse, but that's the last of it.  I went to the retailer and they were just as lost.  I think I'm just going to give up honestly.  Even if they found it, the value of the phone has now depreciated so what's the point?

0 Likes