Made an error and ran into a rough VZW agent
duanehaas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I gave my sister my unlimited data plan and she was playing around with it and stuck her sim card into a jetpack to test out while at home. I called VZW to combine her account and my other lines into a shared plan, and the agent went ballistic on me. Claiming I was stealing from Verizon and that you can't use a jetpack on the unlimited line (which I know now). So I told her I would just have my sister switch the SIM back and fix it. She wouldn't have anything to do with that. She ended up canceling my UDP and placing the jetpack on it's own line with 2GB of data. I still had my sister swap her SIM and added the line back to my share plan, but no one seems to be able to reaccess our UDP. Has anyone ran into this issue before? I was told they could try a change request and see if I can get the UDP that way.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Made an error and ran into a rough VZW agent
duanehaas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support It looks like it got fixed! Thank you to whoever may have helped out with it!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes! I am so sorry to hear that you were treated this way duanehaas! As unlimited data is discontinued, it can be difficult to restore it, but I'd like to help you and see what can be done.

Please reply to my Direct Message for assistance with your account.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
duanehaas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I responded to you. Let me know if you get the message please!

0 Likes
Not applicable

The problem here is that Sim never should have left your device. I know people like to swap devices here and there but when Verizon is doing anything it can to take people off unlimited data don't make it easy on them.

Since the code to restore it is not in their customer service system they tell you they will do a null pricing request. These requests are summerilly denied.

You could take Verizon wireless to a State Supreme Court for the action but it requires lawyers, court costs and it may be possible to have Verizon pay your attorney if they lose. But if they win? Think about the costs to you.

Good Luck

0 Likes
duanehaas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Elector. I was just going by Verizon's comments to the community about swapping SIMs and my sister didn't realize it would mess things up this badly. Hopefully I can get it taken care of. Thank you for the response. Verizon Wireless Customer Support Has anyone been able to take a look at my account? Thanks!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You won't get the unlimited back, especially since a jet-pack was involved, that is a big no-no. Good luck to you, but it may be time to accept and move on.

0 Likes
duanehaas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support It looks like it got fixed! Thank you to whoever may have helped out with it!

0 Likes