Marginal coverage area
JAMTRU90
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I called Verizon Wireless about my slow connection (Download 0.10 Mbps; Upload 1.40 Mbps). They had me go through all the reset options to include full reset. This has been going on for a few months now. A trouble ticket was opened  and after speaking to several support techs I called again today (12 April, 2017). The support tech I spoke to (Denise) told me that El Paso, Texas was a marginal coverage area and that there is nothing Verizon can do except send out a boost device (I have Wifi at home????) for home. I use my phone for work 11 hours out of the day; how will this help. Several co-workers do not experience this problem with Verizon so why am I? She told me I can send back my phones (Just bought 2 new Pixel Xl's on monthly payment plan) and switch carriers. [Removed] I have been with Verizon for many years!!! Unacceptable!!!!

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Marginal coverage area
mama23dogs
Legend

If you and co workers can stand in the same place and youre the only one without service, it isn't a coverage problem. 

Either its the phone, SIM cards, or account.  Since 2 phones with the same problem is unlikely, have new SIM cards made at nearest Verizon corporate store.  Have your account checked to make sure it's provisioned correctly.  

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't recall if I had any trouble with the level of service the last time I was in El Paso, TX.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JAMTRU90
Enthusiast - Level 2

It only started recently after the unlimited plan was offered everyone.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then it might be a capacity issue at the tower.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

JAMTRU90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon tech support told me to switch provider haha. I was stunned. 10

years with Verizon here in El Paso.

mama23dogs
Legend

Hmmm.  have your plan checked.   Unless you have exceeded your allowance or the 22 gig on unlimited, you should not have a problem, and it would only effect data.

JAMTRU90
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife and I use 5 GB per month. Not sure what to do at less than 1mbps

down and up.

mama23dogs
Legend

Unless you are on the new Verizon plan with shared data, and safety mode and used your plan up, you should not experience slow data. 

What plan are you on? 

Is safety mode on?

Have you used up your allowance?

JAMTRU90
Enthusiast - Level 2

12gb plan, not sure if safety mode is on. We have never gone over.