Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Mobile cell tower
Teammontana

In Montana, when there is a local forest fire, the Forest Service brings in a mobile cell tower and our neighborhood cell service goes from 0-1 bar to a full 5 bars. What can we do to get one of these mobile cell towers so we can have good voice and data on a permanent basis? I am sure our large community would be willing to possibly purchase this if it is possible.

0 Likes
Re: Mobile cell tower
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I can understand your concern about ensuring that you have services on your device. With regarding the mobile cell towers, at this time, these towers are used in emergency situations. I do want to ask you about what exactly you are experiencing on your device? 

0 Likes
Teammontana

In our area, we are about 3 mlles from good service. Internet is incredibly slow and the phone company oversold what is available making the problem worse. With a good Verizon signal, our internet and phone problems would be solved. We currently have a Verizon Network Extender, but since it works through our internet, our cellular service is poor and our internet doesn't work when a cell call comes through the extender. I show a periodic LTZ signal when standing on our roof, but nothing consistent.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm truly sorry to hear you don't have the best signal near your home Teammontana. I can understand how frustrating this is especially when you have to constantly move around your home and on the roof to get a signal. This is not the experience we want you to have with our network. What is your zip code? Have we assist you with any troubleshooting or submitted a ticket for your area recently? A ticket is an investigation to have our upper-level technicians and engineers review the area and let us know how its covered and if service can be improved.

0 Likes