Mobile data speeds in a very limited area are .02mbps
sbierlink08

Speedtest.net app generally shows .02 to .5mbps on LTE. I can choose different servers and the speed mostly stays the same. As soon as I get out of my local area, speeds go from 25mbps to 75mbps. I could draw a very specific map of where these changes occur, and I would imagine that would help a "boots on the ground" technician to diagnose things more quickly. I'm always re-checking speeds as I drive around. Zip code is 98848. 

There is nothing restricting line of sight in my area for 20 miles, and I can physically see the tower my phone connects to 11 miles away. It's not a "bars of service" issue.  I've spent hours on the phone over the last few months and I tell tier 1 tech support it needs to go to tier 2 every time, because I'm not willing to do diagnostics repeatedly over simple things.  They've had trouble finding any issues, and claim that they can't actually get a service person to go out to the tower or run diagnostics in the area until more people complain. I have been told 3 times that I'll get a call back once they know more, or when a ticket for service on the tower is created. I've received no calls. The last ticket created was 004716817. It seems like the bridge/bridges for data pointed my direction from the tower are either not working, or they have some wild restriction on bandwidth. 

I have many friends in the area that have the same issue. Everyone has a busy life, and not many people can spend hours on the phone with tech support for an issue network related, but to be told "it's your phone". We all have the same issue, we all have different phones of different ages, and we all live within a 10mile diameter. I switched from at&t because the cell service is awesome, and it really is in my area, but without usable internet, we're all wondering what's best for us to do. We don't want to change providers, but it's up to verizon to take action to fix this instead of putting us in this position. 

0 Likes
Re: Mobile data speeds in a very limited area are .02mbps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for such detailed information. Getting your data speeds up to par is crucial and we're here to help. We'd like to dig deeper into your reference about the Trouble Ticket that was filed with our Network Bureau Team. Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

http://spr.ly/6608HGMYA

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
sbierlink08

There was no link provided in the secure email message I received. At the bottom of the message, it does say "Authenticate here:" but there was no link below it. I responded to the email as well, but I'm not sure those get relayed back to you, so I'm sending this message as well. I assume it was simply a mistake not to include the authentication link in the email.

0 Likes
sbierlink08

I'm also fairly certain this message will get removed, but I'm not concerned about my personal name here, especially if you have a chance to see it before it gets removed. My name is Steven Bierlink.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My apologies for not providing the link in the Private Note we sent you. I will meet you back in Private, and will provide you with the authentication link. 

0 Likes
sbierlink08

I authenticated several days ago with the link and got a message that I would be contacted by a Verizon rep. I did not get contacted by phone or email. I authenticated again today and got the same message. Hopefully someone will respond this time. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to address and resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. I've checked the history and it seems we have responded to you in private, and have asked you to verify your account, so we could continue. I will send you another Private Note, to authenticate the account information.

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes