NFL Mobile using my data?
jksault

Thought NFL Mobile on Verizon didn't use our data?  Used the app last season with no problem, even on a 2 hour car ride home once while a game was playing.  Now after having it on for a couple hours we only have 3% data left on our 3 GB plan for the next 8 days.  What's the deal here?  I'm not paying for more data when we NEVER use all 3 GB's.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NFL Mobile using my data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jksault, making sure you are receiving the benefits of live streaming without it affecting your usage is a must. Allow us to go over the details. All live streaming content for the 2017/2018 NFL season, data charges will not apply to NFL live games viewed via NFL Mobile and go90. Please keep in mind that data usage from watching NFL Mobile LIVE games may accrue real time when watching the game but will be removed afterward. This process may take up to 48 hours. Does this help clarify your concern?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MSURacing

I have the same question and Verizon better refund me my data!  I just took a screens hot of my Google search that shows NFL Mobile does not use data on Verizon.

I checked it before I switched my slow wifi off and now it shows I used almost all of our data!

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Verizon didn't extend the free streaming of data offer to the new season as they had in the past, it's based on the plan you're on. Switch to unlimited if you want free data streaming

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jksault, making sure you are receiving the benefits of live streaming without it affecting your usage is a must. Allow us to go over the details. All live streaming content for the 2017/2018 NFL season, data charges will not apply to NFL live games viewed via NFL Mobile and go90. Please keep in mind that data usage from watching NFL Mobile LIVE games may accrue real time when watching the game but will be removed afterward. This process may take up to 48 hours. Does this help clarify your concern?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GlenD1965

I had this same issue; NFL Mobile eating up my data.  I used the App Monday night and no issues.  Thursday night ball game the App was not working so  I contacted Verizon.     After the CS looked at my phone it was determined that I'd forgotten to turn off the WiFi (same issue as last year) because in WiFi screen it was wanting me to log into services I do not have outside of Verizon Mobile.   Once I turned off the WiFi (which is through Spectrum) the App worked as intended.    I just checked my data usage for Monday's game and no Data accured on my phone yet Thursdays game knocked out over 2 gig of data??  Yikes!!!   Just fix this and take care of your customers.  A lot of us stayed with Verizon because we were led to belive that having Verizon we'd have  access to NFL mobile and NOT incur data charges whether on WiFi or driving down the road.  Talking to the Verizon CS today I'm understanding that you will not take care of us customers to get Spectrum on board with how this is going to get corrected and I have to call in to see why I am blocked??   I'm not the only one having issues would be nice to have the bigger voice (Verizon) speak for us.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to make sure your data is not being used. In this case, due to technical limitations, it is necessary to have Wi-Fi off in order to be able to use the NFL Mobile services without your data being used. We appreciate the feedback and will make sure to forward it to our leadership team.

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

With this year, NFL games will use data.  

0 Likes
Youngtuck37

Wait WHAT?

You gotta be kidding me?  Yall better fix this!

0 Likes
Rmarkulic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree.  this terrible Verizon. Still advertising free access but data is used on the app!

0 Likes