NO SIGNAL
psw83752
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had Verizon for several years. I had to go out of state to be a caretaker for family. When I came back, I no longer have a signal at my home. If I'm lucky, I may get 1 or 2 tiny bars but usually end up loosing the call or connection. It is  impossible to watch anything or be on a shopping site because the signal will vanish completely and I have to start all over again. When I leave my nome and turn the corner - I have a good signal! But sitting in Meijers parking lot so I can make business calls is ridiculous! 

I don't know what the problem is, but one rep said that it may have happened when they took down old towers to put up more 5G towers and they are no longer turned in my direction. I don't know why they wouldn't have them broadcast 360 degrees, but I guess I'm a nobody and they are big enough that they don't care if they loose a few customers that no longer receive their signal.

I'm going to check out AT&T. See if it works for me.

Very disappointed,

NW corner of Kalamazoo, MI  near Meijer

0 Likes
Re: NO SIGNAL
Chispa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had no issues with Verizon for a very long time and customer service was usually helpful ... but I had no service the last 2 days and spent 6 hours going back and forth with Verizon.  They took no responsibility for the issues. The excuses they provided were ...  it is due to "uncontrollable" issues and not their fault, told me to use WiFi and tried to sell me upgrades. Ridiculous.   WiFi won't help me make a call during a power outage or when I'm in the car!

They also tried to tell me that my service plan was old.  We have an unlimited plan and pay the same rate as the current unlimited plans they offer, so it isn't as if we are getting some deal with an older plan.  Even if my service was old and they throttled down my data use (which is not high by today's standards), it should have nothing to do with my ability to use the phone for making calls.  It is still called a "phone" and if it can't perform that one function consistently, then it is just a small brick!

We will be researching other providers and switch away from Verizon.  They will lose 4 lines and 2 tablets, but from the way they handled my problem, they were happy to push me in that direction!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your loyalty, and we never want to see you go. Making sure you have the services you need is important. Let's investigate the details. When did this start? What services are impacted (calls, text, data)? May we have your nearest intersection, City, and zip code, so we can accurately pinpoint your location?

-Sylvia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your years of loyalty with us, psw83752. I know how important it is to stay connected at all times. The last thing we want is for you to leave our family. Please meet me in private note to look into your signal concern and help find the best solution.

-Angie

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@psw83752 wrote:

I have had Verizon for several years. I had to go out of state to be a caretaker for family. When I came back, I no longer have a signal at my home. If I'm lucky, I may get 1 or 2 tiny bars but usually end up loosing the call or connection. It is  impossible to watch anything or be on a shopping site because the signal will vanish completely and I have to start all over again. When I leave my nome and turn the corner - I have a good signal! But sitting in Meijers parking lot so I can make business calls is ridiculous! 

I don't know what the problem is, but one rep said that it may have happened when they took down old towers to put up more 5G towers and they are no longer turned in my direction. I don't know why they wouldn't have them broadcast 360 degrees, but I guess I'm a nobody and they are big enough that they don't care if they loose a few customers that no longer receive their signal.

I'm going to check out AT&T. See if it works for me.

Very disappointed,

NW corner of Kalamazoo, MI  near Meijer

Do you have home Internet? If you’re running a business out of your house I would assume you do, which means you can use Wi-Fi calling by turning the feature on in your phone.

0 Likes