New Customer Frustration
Lychcow

My SO convinced my we needed to switch providers because Verizon was superior to the carrier we moved from. Ten days out and I'm not convinced.

Here are my issues: "Two days" to receive our new phones in the mail was actually six days. We've not received notification of either rebate on our account yet. I ported in a smartwatch number the day after we finally received our phones (that rebate posted almost immediately)--they failed to send me a QR code to activate the line so I had to call tech support where I spent an hour on the phone and was promised a call-back because they had to escalate the issue--more than a day later and still no working line and still no call-back or update on the ticket they supposedly opened. I've received several email reminders about the need to mail our trade-in devices within 15 days or forfeit the trade-ins--problem is we've still not received the envelopes in which to mail them. Add to this the massive frustration of my local store being seemingly unaffected by any of this (perhaps because they're used to everyone being frustrated with this kind of issue) and the layers of nonsense I had to go through just to post on this forum--is there some kind of carnival wheel Verizon spins to pick your secret question and answer?

Seriously--who knows how in the world I can get connected with anyone who seems to care and can do something about even one of these issues?

0 Likes
Re: New Customer Frustration
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is for your move to the Verizon family go smoothly. You can check the status of your rebate using this link: https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/ . You should receive your trade in kit in 5-7 business days after your trade in is submitted. If you need to order a new trade in kit, that can be done here: https://www.verizon.com/od/trade-in/#/ . Has your watch been activated?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Lychcow

I don't need to check the status of my rebates--I need the promo codes for them or need them to show up in My Verizon so I can activate them in the first place. Thank you for the information on the trade in kit--maybe you guys shouldn't send multiple emails about customers getting their phones to you before you even have the trade in kit in the mail? Kind of anxiety inducing to be reminded of a deadline that is completely out of your control while also not being told that the trade in kit won't arrive for more than a week. No--my watch shows it's connected to a Verizon line, but still will not make non-emergency calls.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lychcow, thanks for your reply. We want to make sure that we're able to get your watch up and running. Then, we can make sure that we do and provide you with all the details that you need for your rebate. For us to get more specific details, I've sent you a Private Note. Please reply to that message. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes