No coverage in Garrett County, MD.
Trek4ward
Enthusiast - Level 2

This county is home to one of the biggest tourist locations in the state in Deep Creek Lake and Wisp Ski Resort, but there is zero Verizon coverage.  Most people with vacation homes have switched to AT&T in order to get 4G and I am considering doing the same, but thought I would try to report the gap in coverage first.

Labels (1)
Re: No coverage in Garrett County, MD.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have coverage where you need it the most, Trek4ward. Let's take a closer look into the area to see what's going on. Please provide the zip code for the area. What shows on the phone when in the area? What happens when trying to use the phone there?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Trek4ward
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's 3 tightly connected zip codes:  21561, 21541 & 21550.  I get a 1x on my phone and the slowest data known to man (or usually not at all).  Texts will get hung up and pics just don't go out via text at all.  No access to hotmail or other email apps either.  Frustrating.

Trek4ward
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any progress on this?

THOCOR86

Nope. Years later, and it still is awful, except around the Wisp Ski resort. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thocor86, it sounds like you have been working on a service issue for quite sometime. We are happy to take a closer look at this. You mentioned that you have service at the resort, do you have a specific location where you are not? What happens when attempting a call or sending a text message? How far do you need to be from this area before you see a change? LorenB_VZW  If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
kirchner4205

Any progress on this? I also have a vacation house at Deep Creek and have had only 1x connectivity for 5+ years! This needs to change as AT&T has full bars. Can I g et an update on if any future 4g towers are planned?

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to expanding and improving where possible. May I have the zip code to further pinpoint the location? Does the service improve outdoors? 

0 Likes