No coverage, or barely any. Have to have extender to use phone.
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

I live near downtown of a  city with population of 180,000... two blocks away there is 4 bars, but myself and all my neighbors with all carriers have next to no coverage in our few block radius.  One bar if we are lucky or 3g.

I had to buy the Samsung extender at Verizon store 2 yrs ago to make it work, Wi-Fi calling works for 8 - 12 minutes then hangs up.  

I need Verizon to please provide me with the new extender as we are getting iPhone 13's now and we are pretty sure these 5G phones wont work with our 4G extender.

0 Likes
Re: No coverage, or barely any. Have to have extender to use phone.
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@randys12 wrote:

I live near downtown of a  city with population of 180,000... two blocks away there is 4 bars, but myself and all my neighbors with all carriers have next to no coverage in our few block radius.  One bar if we are lucky or 3g.

I had to buy the Samsung extender at Verizon store 2 yrs ago to make it work, Wi-Fi calling works for 8 - 12 minutes then hangs up.  

I need Verizon to please provide me with the new extender as we are getting iPhone 13's now and we are pretty sure these 5G phones wont work with our 4G extender.

What exactly is the model extender you have?  There may not be a new extender beyond what you have.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: No coverage, or barely any. Have to have extender to use phone.
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Well,  I received a Private Note from Dia, Customer Service, not sure why and then I couldn't reply to it, getting a 'too many messages' error.  So here is my reply to Dia:

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, jav6. I am more than happy to help you. I know how important reliable service is to you. Please respond to this private note, so I can assist you better. -Dia

Dia, Duh!  Why are you sending ME this Private Note?  @randys12 is the one with the issue!

JoeV

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes