No longer able to get 4G
Lauren954
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had my Motorola Razr for 2 years, and almost always get 4G service. For the past week, I've only been able to get 3G. When I do a reset, it picks up 4G for just a second then drops back down to 3G.

I'm in a major metropolitan area of South Florida. Is something going on with the network or service that's prohibiting 4G?    

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No longer able to get 4G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

greenturtle116, we don't want this to be an onling issue for you.However, service can be challenging indoors  Let's see it the recommended steps to briefly remove your sim card will work for you. Meanwhile, we're check your area for any reported outages. What's your zip code? http://vz.to/13N0B6O

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Lauren954!  I want to ensure we restore a good 4G connection with your Motorola Razr.

In what zip code are you experiencing this problem?  Have you tried removing and reinserting the 4G SIM Card http://vz.to/1otzjBr?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
greenturtle116

My roommate and I have had the exact same problem.  We both have Samsung Galaxy S3 phones, and in the past 2-3 weeks we've gotten a lot more kick back to the 3G network.  Our home zip code is 20910 but this has happened in multiple locations within the Washington/Baltimore greater metro area.  The 4G service has always been slower at home than when we've visited friends in other areas (we live in a very urban area) but this is the first we've seen of the 3G icon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

greenturtle116,

Thank you for the information that you have provided. I do show that the zip code given looks like it has pretty good coverage. I would suggest both you and your roommate to power the device down, take the back cover off, pull the battery from the phone, and also remove the little white sim card. Leave everythig apart for a good 5-10 seconds then place everything back together and power the phone back on. Test out the network to see how things run. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Nrohaidy

Why does my iPhone keep switching from LTE to 1x and 3G?  IM on the 07648 zip code and this NEVER happened before? It's so slow it's really frustrating! Cant open emails, keep getting network error messages And now some calls are not coming in!! What's happening??!!

0 Likes
greenturtle116

KevinR

I saw that advice on another similar forum and did just that.  It has not made a difference.  We both still have fewer bars of service than we used to have, and both still regularly are being dropped to 3G in the apartment and around town.  It's concerning in the apartment because we never had great signal strength before and now I sometimes see the 'no signal' symbol on my phone.  Is there a tower that is down?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

greenturtle116, we don't want this to be an onling issue for you.However, service can be challenging indoors  Let's see it the recommended steps to briefly remove your sim card will work for you. Meanwhile, we're check your area for any reported outages. What's your zip code? http://vz.to/13N0B6O

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
Lauren954
Enthusiast - Level 2

That seems to have taken care of the issue. In 2 years I've never had to remove the SIM card, so I didn' even think about it.

Thanks!

0 Likes
greenturtle116

It looked like removing the sim card was going to work, but about 48 hours since doing it i'm having issues again with 4G vs 3G, and still showing no signal in areas where I at least used to have 2 bars. 

0 Likes
Totally agree. Paying 75.00 A month and getting nothing for it.
darron427
Enthusiast - Level 1

I used to get halfway decent service here.  It actually worked better years back on 3G than it does now on 4G lite..   I pay $75.00 a month and most of the time I can't get over half a mpb of speed now.  Only one bar and I have to stand in a certain place and get it exactly right just to use 4G or get a internet signal at all.   I can't believe that they get away with doing people like this.  It has been steadily getting worse and worse for months now.  It barely works at all any more.  I just paid again and I thought maybe they were throttling the heck out of it because I used about 30G for the month..  NOPE.. It's just as bad and I paid this morning.   Verizon don't give a garbage either.  They just throttle the heck out of us down here.    They all need to be reported and Congress needs to file suit on behalf of customers because NOBODY is getting anything we're paying for these days.. Completely sorry now..

0 Likes