No (or poor) connectivity in Sarasota County FL
Chispa
Enthusiast - Level 2

Starting on 8/16/2022 I have no cellular/data connectivity at my home.  Unable to make/receive calls, no texts, etc.   Using WiFi is not an option when I am paying for cellular/data service.  And WiFi isn't going to help me when I break down on the road and can't call for help.

My tablet, which has a paid for data line, also has no internet access.

Have never had any issues in this area of FL with connectivity.  Spoke to a friend that is also having issue the last 2 days with no ability to make calls, etc in Sarasota County the last 2 days.

Have spent hours texting back and forth with Verizon and all they say is that there are no issues from their end.  They keep saying it is due to "uncontrollable" issues and not their fault, tell me to use WiFi and try to sell me upgrades. Ridiculous.

30 years with Verizon and ready to jump to another carrier.

Re: No (or poor) connectivity in Sarasota County FL
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Chispa, we've sent you a Private Note to better assist. 

~Baldo

0 Likes
Chispa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I searched and don't see a private note anywhere. In any case I am not wasting any more of my time texting back and forth.

The service seems to be back to normal, but we will still be looking at other providers, because of the way that Verizon reps responded to my issues.  All Verizon had to say was oops we seem to be having some tower/transmission issues, or whatever, and we are working on it. Gives us a day and see if it improves.   Instead Verizon chose to make every excuse they could come up with and not take any responsibility.

I usually pay a few months in advance, so I have a credit at the moment ... as soon as that is used up ... Hasta La Vista Baby!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to see you leave our Family and we are super happy to see that your service is back to normal! Remember we are always here to help with any pending concerns regarding your account/service.

~Vic

0 Likes