Paying for products I never received
AArmour
Enthusiast - Level 1

For 7 months I have been contacting Verizon about items that are on my bill that I never received.

For 7 months I have been required to pay for items that I never received.

When my bill is due I am required to pay it or my service is shut off. There are no ifs, and, or buts about that. I have no choice but to pay the bill I receive, or I no longer have service.
What happens to Verizon when they owe the customer money? Nothing apparently. I am required to continue paying my bill even when it includes items I never received, and Verizon is not required to remove these items. There are countless policies and procedures set in place for Verizon to ensure they get paid. Where are the policies and procedures that protect the customer from being wrongfully charged? They do not exist. Sure, there are plenty of options for the representatives to choose from to “try”. Each and every time you call you will be told that they are going to take care of the issue for you. When you tell them what the previous representatives did that didn’t work they are always very eager to explain the failure away with their better, more experienced solution. None of these solutions will work. None of the representative's back-door methods will solve anything. Apparently, whatever they do to fix things means nothing. Everything they do is filed and sent to an approval department that is conveniently a no contact department. They will receive every attempt at fixing the account issue and they will deny them all. When it is denied, you will not be informed of the denial. You will receive zero explanation as to why it was denied or what route could be taken to get clearance through them to solve your problem. They simply do not allow the changes to the account and you get to sit around and wait for another bill cycle to roll around. The items will remain on your bill, you will be required once again to pay for them, and whatever efforts are made will go through the cycle again and again and again. You continue to get ripped off. Verizon continues to get paid.

7 months ago I was out of town for my cousin's wedding. My phone screen got cracked and I had waited a long time to get a new phone so I decided to treat myself and instead of filing an insurance claim for my old phone, I decided to take the plunge and order a new phone. I called Verizon and ordered a Note 20 Ultra. There was a special going on and I made the decision to take advantage of it so I also ordered a tablet with it. I was told that these items were only available in Galesburg, IL. I was 3 hours from there at the time, so I got in my car with my family and we drove there from Iowa. When we arrived, there were several others outside. A store employee approached me and stated that due to Covid they were not allowing people inside of the store without appointments. I explained that I was there to pick up items and he took my order number and stated that the order was not yet ready. I said I would wait and he stated that they were behind and I needed to wait to receive notification that the order was ready to be picked up. He also stated that it would not likely be that day and that I would get a notification when it was ready. I do not live in the area. I waited over a week in town for the items and had to pay for lodging daily, I never received a notification to pick them up. I contacted the store, I could not get anyone on the phone, but I did get in contact with someone once through text. They said they would get back to me and I never heard from them again. I have made countless efforts to contact the store since and when I try to connect with them it connects me to a representative but not a local store rep. I have contacted Verizon many, MANY times. Every representative that I speak with is certain that they are the ones who can solve the problem. A few have been willing to connect me with a supervisor, but most thwart this option. Not that it matters though, even the supervisors who are certain they will solve the issue inevitably do not solve anything. I have to pay for these items. Every attempt at issuing credits to my account to cover the paid costs has been denied. Every attempt at the removal of these items has been denied. I am paying to insure these items as well. I called Asurion yesterday, It was my last attempt at getting something for my money. I filed a claim, they were hesitant to accept the claim due to the amount of time it has been since I ordered the phone. They went ahead and took my claim, but then I was told to contact an adjuster. I spoke with the adjuster today and he informed me that I can not make a claim on the device that I am paying for because I do not have it activated on my account. I am beyond frustrated.

I have, as I said, contacted Verizon more times than I can count. Each call lasts hours. These are not quick calls with quick results. Each time I make contact with Verizon I have to explain what happened. I have to explain every previous effort that has failed. I have to sit on hold waiting for them to figure out what solution they can come up with and then they explain it to me. Each and every attempt gets denied. As I said, I never get informed that it is denied. I get nothing. I just get a new bill with the same unfair charges and I have to pay for it over and over and over again.
Last month I wrote a letter, similar to this post, and sent it to every single Verizon corporate office I could find an address for. I have heard nothing back. As usual, Verizon has completely ignored what has happened here and does not care to fix the problem because they are getting paid and that is ultimately all that matters.

I have been told that at some point the phone was activated. I have been told that this was a computer glitch. I have been told by just about every representative I have spoken with that this is not an uncommon issue. Some have dealt with this before. One even informed me I wasn’t even her first call that day for the same issue. Verizon has no solution that works for this. They continue to get paid for these items and they do not care in the slightest to fix the issue.
In my last call I offered to pay for the device with the promise that once the payment took the items off of the account, I would be able to then get refunded the amount for the devices. The amount of desperation that goes into an offer like that speaks for itself. Of course, even attempts to set that up were denied and I am still here, right where I was 7 months ago. Using a broken Note 9, paying for a Note 20 Ultra and Samsung Tablet as well.

This has exhausted me repeatedly. It has taken my personal time that I should be spending with my family. It has caused me unnecessary stress. I went to call Verizon the other night and as I was just getting to the recording my 11-year-old daughter walked into the room to ask me something. She took one look at me and sighed, “Verizon again?” and walked back into her room and shut the door. I hung up immediately to go and check on her and she informed me she had come to ask if we could play a game and spend some time together. She also told me that she knew I was calling Verizon because of the look on my face and that the exact same thing has happened multiple times before. I have numerous times missed out on spending quality time with my daughter because I am spending my free time on the phone with Verizon for hours at a time and getting no results.
This has affected my family, my personal life. It has gone on long enough. I have called, chatted, emailed, written a formal letter, and now this. I will not contact Verizon again about this. If I do not receive a reply and get results in the very near future, I will be taking my business elsewhere and contacting a lawyer. The fact that it has come to this speaks for itself. Verizon has failed me in every possible way. Financially, physically, emotionally, mentally, I am exhausted. Verizon has worn me down to my breaking point. One can only assume this is done regularly in hopes to get the result that I will give up and realize I have no choice but to take this mistreatment and deal with it. But I am not giving up. I will fight this until it kills me. I have been wronged by Verizon and something needs to be done about it immediately.

Re: Paying for products I never received
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AArmour, first and foremost, I would like to apologize for the length of time you have spent trying to get this resolved. 7 months to have to deal with an unresolved issues is far too long. As a consumer myself, I would also be concerned to pay for something I never received. Most importantly, we want to ensure this gets resolved asap as it has taken too much time from your loved ones. To make sure I have a correct understanding, did you purchase the Samsung Note 20 Ultra and a tablet for in-store pick up, and these items were never provided to you? I know you also mentioned there have been several attempts to correct this. Can you please clarify why these requests have been denied? 

0 Likes
AArmour1

Correct, I purchased the Note 20 Ultra and a Samsung tablet for in store pick up and never received them. I was told to wait for notification that they were ready to be picked up. I never received that notification. I have screen shots with dates that show the app said my order was being prepared for over a month. I have chatted, called, sent letters and no one can remove the items from my account. I was told a different reason and a different solution by each representative and the result is always the same. I am paying for items I never received. Credits for the inconvenience and for the payments have been promised so many times they probably total the cost of the items or more at this point. The credits never go through and we are still required to pay full price for the items. If you look at the account you will see hundreds of chats and calls that have gotten me nowhere but more calls and chats. I don't even bother anymore. I probably know more about the Verizon loopholes and back door solutions chat reps use than most chat reps at this point. None of them work and nothing has ever been done to actually help solve this. It's exhausting and a waste of time. It has been a month since you sent this reply and nothing has been done. If you even glanced at our account you would already see the ongoing issue and a long list of my pleas for help. I gave a detailed description of my issue and your reply, though courteous, was nothing more than you asking me to answer two questions I detailed fully in my initial post. I appreciate the professionalism and your being courteous here, I do, but this is also not getting me anywhere and is just another reminder that I got royally messed up here and there's nothing anyone can or will do about it. I'm still using the broken Note 9 I decided to replace last year and paying for a Note 20 Ultra. I don't have a tablet,  yet I'm paying for one and paying for the line for it also.  I can't make an insurance claim on my Note 9 because the screen is broken and they won't replace the device and I don't want a screen repair that is not guaranteed and can cause irreparable damage that will not be insured leaving me with no phone at all. I even tried to pay to file a claim on the Note 20 Ultra to at least have one since I'm paying for it and I am not allowed to do that either because I never had the device to begin with. So I'm paying for two devices and insurance on those two devices and a line for a tablet that I never even received. At this point it's just depressing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information.  Did you ever go to the store regarding your order?

We will need to access your account & will be sending you a Private Message.

0 Likes
quintincasarez

I am having the same issues . I cancelled an order before it got delivered to me and is still on my bill has been for over a month . Have they ever resolved your issue ? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of making sure your cancelled order is no longer on your account, and we can certainly take a look to see how we can help. Please send us a Private Note, so we may be able to assist.

*Gert

0 Likes