Phone damaged in shipping now i have to pay for it?????
katietay09
Enthusiast - Level 2

Maybe someone can tell me where to go since everyone I have talked to up to this point has been useless. I upgraded one of my many lines in October. The phone that I was to return was in GREAT condition the night I did the upgrade. Low and behold a week or so later I get the phone back in the mail, now with a crack in the screen. Of course I call Verizon, and get told Im stuck paying for it. Nothing they can do. I went to the store that I did the upgrade at and they were shocked it came back, and now damaged. Even the store states that they wouldn't have done the upgrade if the phone was damaged. They have NEVER had this happen before. But there is nothing they can do. So I call customer service again today and spend over an hr of my life that I cant get back, being told that there is no proof the phone wasn't damaged, they need to call the store. Well sorry the store isn't even open yet, how are you gonna call the store when there is no one there. Of course I get promised a call back, that I wont ever get, have played this game with Verizon for way too many years. Im just beyond pissed over this, I don't have the money to pay for a phone that I didn't break, like I told the rep this morning, I owed 350 or something on the phone I upgraded, what would make more sense, risk sending a damaged phone back, and have to pay over 300 for the phone or file my first EVER claim on the insurance I pay for and have for YEARS, pay 169 to get a new one, and then do the upgrade?!?!?!?! I have had nothing but issues with Verizon since august with billing errors, got lied to about another line I upgraded, and now this......

Hopefully someone will have some advise as to where I go from here, cause if I get stuck paying for a phone I didn't break, Verizon will loose my business for good.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone damaged in shipping now i have to pay for it?????
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

How did you mail it to Verizon? It should have been insured in which case you file a claim with UPS/FedEx/USPS.

0 Likes
katietay09
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was sent back with the prepaid usps label provided to me by Verizon, in the box provided by Verizon, they can file the claim, why should I have to take time out of my busy life to deal with something I didn't cause. Verizon can deal with it I don't have the time

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shawn1979

Getting an upgrade for your phone should be a fun experience! We would be so sad to see you go. What kind of upgrade did you perform? Was this an early upgrade and we required your current phone to be sent it? Were you trading in your old phone for extra money?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
katietay09
Enthusiast - Level 2

IF I were to have damaged it, fine I would take the time to deal with it, but I didn't cause the damage, it was either damaged in transit by usps or it was damaged in the hands of the Verizon wireless returns center.  I DONT have the box it was originally shipped in, it was returned in a different box, usps would want to see the ORIGNAL PACKAGING to file a claim anyway, trust me been there done that, sent a wii to family that usps damaged, the box arrived looking like it was dropkicked several times, guess what, they didn't pay the claim cause I couldn't prove that they damaged it. USPS insurance sucks

0 Likes
katietay09
Enthusiast - Level 2

The line was on EDGE so yes I had to send the old phone back, there was nothing wrong with it when I sent it back.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Insurance in general is pretty useless, unless you have them package it for you they tend to throw out the "it was damaged before you put it in the box." excuse.

0 Likes
katietay09
Enthusiast - Level 2

OH trust me I know all about that. But still not my fault that I packed the phone in the Verizon provided packaging, shipped it with the provided prepaid label and now Im gonna be stuck with paying for a damaged device. Looking at other options now for service cause when this charge hits my bill, IM GONE tired of being charged for things that aint my fault. This is worse than being charged a restocking fee for returning a tablet that was shipped to me defective, and was sent a replacement but they still claim because I returned the defective device, I had to be charged a restocking fee...............

0 Likes
darlene3821

well im gonna have to take them to small claims court and thats exactly what im gonna do

0 Likes
sofiegofie

I'm about to trade in my phone for a rebate, but I'm worried that it might get damaged in transit - all you provided was a flimsy bubble envelope?!

I'm thinking about upgrading the package to an actually hard box. What assurances can I get to prevent the issues these people in the thread have experienced?

I'll take pictures before I ship it. I'll even take a video. 

Are these package labels even insured? 

0 Likes