Phone lost by UPS and verizon wont do anything to help
tdam24
Enthusiast - Level 1

so got a new phone for me and the wife.  her was delivered and ups told me they lost mine.  i got in touch with verizon and they

1. told me to rerach out to ups again to make sure it was really lost

2. if i wanted to still get a new phone, they would cancel my order, but... to get the phone replace i would need to add another line.  what???????????????

3. i stil needed to call ups and open a ticket for the lost phone.  

what kind of customer service is that?

Re: Phone lost by UPS and verizon wont do anything to help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry for the huge inconvenience of your phone being lost by UPS, tdam24. I would honestly be just as upset about this entire ordeal. Did you file a claim with UPS? Did they give you a turn-around time? We wouldn't necessarily want you to get a new line and new phone, as the one that was sent is still missing. Is UPS willing to reimburse you? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
tdam24
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPS said i cant do anything and it would be Verizon who has to have a claim/ticket opened since Verizon was the shipper

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tdam24, we certainly understand and in this case, our shipping vendor, UPS does regard Verizon as their customer. However, UPS didn't mean to slight you in any way. I'm sorry to hear that your order was lost by UPS and I personally apologize for your inconvenience. Due to the urgency of this matter, we'll be more than glad to initiate an investigation for you. I've sent a Private Message to you that we will need a response (From you) in order to get started. We'll look forward to hearing from you soon. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Steph0785

I am having the same issue, was this ever resolved for you?

0 Likes
stevegw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the exact same thing happen to me! Verizon said they would send my new phone UPS 2-day by 8PM shipping. I started to get worried when two days came and nothing (since it is guaranteed). The third day I contacted UPS that told me it would be arriving that day, which I thought was odd since the tracking said (check back tomorrow for an updated delivery date). Guess what? Nothing came. That is when I really got worried and contacted them again and UPS told me "at this point, we consider the package missing. Since Verizon is the customer, they will need to file a claim." It seems Verizon chat thought the same thing as what happened to this other customer: that I would need to take care of it. When I pushed back, and they finally understood what was going on, they noted I would probably need to wait 10 days or more to get the ticket through and wait on UPS. This is ridiculous. They promised me a phone and with the chip shortage, I'm worried I won't get one next month let alone this month. 

Classic Verizon problems. I've been dealing with them on the phone and chat for the past 3 weeks for various things. I only wanted to get 4 people onto a single plan that were on other plans previously. This was an immense task it seems. When everything was finally settled and I was finally able to buy three upgraded phones, this now happens!! I AM BEYOND DISPLEASED with Verizon. I am now going on ANOTHER WEEK of dealing with them. All I wanted was to upgrade my phone. It resulted in so much more needing to happen to do it. Now they lost my phone in the mail... I also have business FIOS AND Home FIOS services. I know it would be a lot to change it all, but this kind of customer service is just abysmal (in the last several weeks, I often spent 1 or 2 hours on chat or hours on hold with Verizon only to get NOWHERE!). It might be better to just switch to a company that is easier to deal with! I highly DO NOT recommend Verizon, and I'll be letting my colleagues, family, and friends know that!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, wow! We are truly sorry to see you in this dilemma. We value your time and business. Please send us a Private Note to better assist you. ~Gilbert

0 Likes