Poor Coverage
Hannah215

My husband and I have been frustrated for a long time with the Verizon cell service coverage we receive in our Felton, PA home. We purchased a signal booster a year or so ago, but have had minimal improvement as a result. We can only make phone calls from specific spots in our house, otherwise calls break up frequently and you can't hear, or they get dropped all together. I know other people in our neighborhood have the same issues as we do, and are just as frustrated. We both have less than one year old smartphones, so it's not an outdated phone issue. I haven't found a good way to report this issue, and haven't seen improvement, and it is really difficult to deal with, especially given our new work from home situation. We don't want to add a landline because without FiOS (which isn't available where we live) they are way too expensive. Trying to report poor coverage via Verizon Customer Service line is impossible, because you can't talk to a real person, and it assumes there is something wrong with our devices, which there isn't. Verizon simply has a lack of coverage in our area, and it really needs to be improved.

0 Likes
Re: Poor Coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hannah215, we understand the importance of having good coverage at your home. We are happy to assist in any way possible. To clarify, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Are you having problems with calls, texts and data? Do you have roaming enabled on your devices? *Joshua

0 Likes
Hannah215

We mostly have issues with dropped calls at our house, and sending larger text messages/pictures. If we are not in range of our satellite wireless internet, using cellular data is extremely slow or won't work.  We have a signal booster installed on the house, which helped a little, but there are still "dead" zones in our house where we can't really do anything that requires service. Within our house we range from 1X/no service to 2 bars of LTE. I tried turning my roaming on for the past couple days, but that didn't seem to improve anything, I never saw an indication that the phone was using roaming data at any point. I feel that our area in general is just poorly covered by most cell service companies, and won't be solved on the customers' side of things.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dealing with indoor service issues can be an unpleasant experience. We know how important it is that you have the best wireless service available in your area. Thank you for the helpful details and everything tried on your end. You mentioned that you already have a signal booster and didn't notice an improvement. This is a concern as an extender or booster is the solution since indoor coverage is not guaranteed and there wouldn't be much troubleshooting to complete outside of ensuring the booster is set up properly. Was the signal booster purchased from Verizon Wireless? Have you looked into using a Network Extender instead? Please open the following link to view requirements for our LTE Network Extender:

http://spr.ly/6609yFZ7x

-Rita K.

0 Likes