Poor cell service
Ebrithil11

I currently switched over to Verizon because my old carrier didn't service my area and was told Verizon is strong but I'm barely getting 1 bar service indoors or outdoors no matter where I go, who do I contact to see if I can get this fixed?

0 Likes
Re: Poor cell service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have the best wireless experience. In which zip code are you located? What happens when trying to use voice, text, and data? Are other VZW users also impacted? 

0 Likes
Ebrithil11

64469, I have been to the Verizon store where many people complain about low cell service and my average is only 1 bar to 2 bars on a good day while I'm also getting delayed text messages to failed messages while getting many dropped to very robotic sounding calls 

0 Likes
Ebrithil11

Its in the Maysville, Missouri area, it goes from 1 bar to 2 bars to 1x and will load nothing in the 1 bar to 1x area

0 Likes
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

This might help you with your calls from home...  Verizon has an extender which might tap into your wifi service.  I had one years ago and it was a lifesaver!  I'm not sure what the current technology is that provides that boost, but you should ask Verizon.  Of course, this will only help you at home;  but it should give you 5 bars at home.  Good luck!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The extender only works if the customer has a landline based Internet service and is a customer with a postpaid account. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

Ann-  

What you are saying is true.  But, I would not make "any assumptions" at all about what the original poster has.  Hopefully, this could help.  If not, perhaps it can help someone else. 

I had the exact same situation years back, and the extender connected to home wifi made all the difference in the world! From not being able to make receive calls in the house, to being able to make them with a strong signal from anywhere in the house.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@DMathews1

By you not clarifying the requirements the customer needs to make sure the extender could be considered, you were making assumptions that the customer would have a good experience with adding an extender to improve their cellular service. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having access to a Network Extender is certainly a great option to have. We thank you and our community members for your much-appreciated feedback. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Ebrithil11

As it stands its hard for me to get service and takes awhile to reply but I have no internet providers in my area as I am in the country, I'm not to far away from town but service is horrible up here and Verizon is the only provider in my area and its becoming frustrating and problematic, as I have been told is that the most likely cause of the issue is the cell tower is actually pointed the opposite direction and is causing a weakened signal in my area and I'm unsure as to what I can do to remedy the issue

0 Likes