Poor data connection in NC
Wabarnwell
Enthusiast - Level 2

The data service in NC is getting worse and worse.  At my M-F 9-5 job I can barely use my device 20% of the time.  When I'm away from my job my download speads are 40-60 mgb per second with 10 mgb upload speeds.  At my job MAYBE 1-3 mgb per second.  Social media? Nope.  Games..nope..news nope..email? Nope.. YouTube?  Yea right.  I purchased Verizon with their coverage maps guarantee.  At this point the service they are selling me is not as advertised.  I want to request a refund so I can transfer to TMobile that actually works in my area.

And before you auto reply with "it's your phone", no...it's not.  It was the same way with my note right before switching to the new s20 ultra.  I've replaced the Sim, reset network settings, updated the phone..even tier 2 tech support says it's Verizon's service and not your phone.

Re: Poor data connection in NC
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wabarnwell, It would be devastating to see you leave the Verizon family.  I rely heavily on my phone, and any lack of service my life would be in chaos.  I am here to help and we will look into these speeds.  How long ago did you purchase your device?  When did the issues start at your work location?  What do you show for a signal with these slow speeds? SantoC_VZW

Wabarnwell
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue has happened for over 2 years now off and on with multiple phone's.  My phone is not the issue as confirmed by tier 2 tech support.  He said Verizon's service is not good in this area even though your map says full 4glte service.  I rarely get over 2 bars here indoors and out and I'm less than 2 miles from a tower!!! I'm speaking with an attorney about starting a class action suit for falsely advertising that you offer full 4gltw service however you do not.

0 Likes
tbarbera777
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Mebane, NC. I have a Verizon extender. The coverage still is hit and miss. Mostly miss. Worst I've ever had. I wouldn't hook up with Verizon if I had it to do again. This is a populated, upper-middle class area and you cannot depend on your Verizon Cell phone. Time to change.

Anthony

0 Likes